==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: given in the following part
====

Hi, does iRedMail support email address with raw-IP address like name@123.45.6.7?

I'm trying to setup an email testing server, and want to save the workload to setup the domain. Now I can see the initial emails in the INBOX of postmaster@123.45.6.7 in RoundCube, but cannot send or receive email because Postfix and RoundCube treats the "name@123.45.6.7" as invalid sender or receiver email address.

Related logs:

Nov  7 08:02:03 green postfix/submission/smtpd[2916]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[xx.xx.xx.xx]: 504 5.5.2 <test@123.45.6.7>: Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address; from=<test@123.45.6.7> to=<xy@gmail.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<x-yy.zz.com>

Existing solutions that doesn't work for me:

* I tried to set the first domain as "[123.45.6.7]" during installation, but then I couldn't login the web admin panel because RoundCube said "name@[123.45.6.7]" was not valid. And if I set it as "123.45.6.7" then I could login but couldn't send messages.
* Set "resolve_numeric_domain = yes" to accept "user@ipaddress" in Postfix main.cf . Did not help

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!
Ray

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Email with raw-IP

guori12321 wrote:

Hi, does iRedMail support email address with raw-IP address like name@123.45.6.7?

Use "name@[1.2.3.4]". But it just delivers to system account on destination server.