Topic: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-1.3.0

Hi, all.

iRedAdmin-Pro-1.2.0 is available for upgrade and purchase. We'd like to hear from you, tell us what you want to be available in next release - iRedAdmin-Pro-1.3.0.

Also, if you're using iRedMail with MySQL backend, will you purchase iRedAdmin-Pro for MySQL backend when it's available?

Thanks very much. smile

========= Collected Items ==============
  • COMPLETED: Ability to manage global blacklist/whitelist.

• COMPLETED: Add new value of enabledServices. Document available: How to add custom services

• COMPLETED: User alias support. Same as "Nickname" in Google apps

• COMPLETED: Domain alias support

• COMPLETED: Per-domain quota size limit support

• Batch import accounts

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-1.3.0

Hi all,

Can you think of a way to backup the configuration? ldap configuration, domain and mailbox, iredmail config, and other packets..

Bye

Enrico

Casa.it wrote:

Can you think of a way to backup the configuration? ldap configuration, domain and mailbox, iredmail config, and other packets..

It's better to use shell/python script to backup them, with crontab.

How about provide backup scripts in iRedAdmin-Pro? Is it OK?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Also, Will you purchase iRedAdmin-Pro for MySQL backend when it's available?

Actually depend on the release date. We are already considering alternatives, and we'll probably setup the new server at the end of August/beginning of September.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Casa.it wrote:

It's better to use shell/python script to backup them, with crontab.

How about provide backup scripts in iRedAdmin-Pro? Is it OK?

Yes I suppose it is a good choice.

Bye

- MySQL Support is not really required, LDAP is OK.
- We need the ability, that domain-admins can manage their black-/whitelist

borki wrote:

Do you mean per-domain black/whitelist?

iRedMail supports site-wide blacklist/whitelist with Policyd now.

First domain alias management in LDAP and secondary, if it is possible, a simple way to create e-mail alias: in sendmail/postfix style, not Google one!

Thanks

Hi All

It's possible to add mailbox usage in the user list?

Thks..

Enrico

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
borki wrote:

Do you mean per-domain black/whitelist?

iRedMail supports site-wide blacklist/whitelist with Policyd now.

AFAIK, it only supports them via manual entries in the mysql database.

We require to have the following feature:
- I assign an administartor to a certain domain
- This admin should be able to add/delete whitelist/blacklist entries for his domain(s)

Following feature would be wonderful to have on iRedAdmin panel.

We sell mailboxes based on its size. For example, someone buys 10 mailboxes with 1GB size and 100 mailboxes with 100MB size within the same domain. We create a domain admin and give the control panel access to the customer.
Currently, domain administrator can increase the mailbox size to higher size.
We (global admin) want to restrict domain admins to be able to create only 10 mailboxes with 1GB and 100 Mailboxes with 100MB.
When customer buy additional 10 mailboxes with 1GB, gloabl administrator can change it and subsequently domain admin can create upto 20 mailboxes with 1 GB.

I think, that it's needed to have...

- Domain alias (for aliasing all domain accounts), like forward all emails coming to *@example.com => *@example.net
- User based alias, like john.doe@example.com can have joe@example.com (these aliases should'nt be available to all domain users)
- Per domain quota. This is very useful for hosting
- Possibility to add scripts to be execute when domain is created (e.g. for creating home directory for webhosting)
- Simple way for Global Admin to manage enabledServices (add new values).

samuelvasy wrote:

- Domain alias (for aliasing all domain accounts), like forward all emails coming to *@example.com => *@example.net
- User based alias, like john.doe@example.com can have joe@example.com (these aliases should'nt be available to all domain users)

I did think about this before, and i want to find the best way to implement this.
Not started yet, but i will try my best.

- Per domain quota. This is very useful for hosting

Already under development, not finished yet. You can try our demo: http://iredmail.org/admin_demo.html (Select development edition)

- Possibility to add scripts to be execute when domain is created (e.g. for creating home directory for webhosting)

This is easy, and this is the first time i receive the request. No plan to write this kind of script now.

- Simple way for Global Admin to manage enabledServices (add new values).

I did think about this before, i will try to implement it. Because OpenLDAP is useful for services integration, so this is useful.

Ok, here comes one more. Ability to print PDF containing...

- Own logo (header)
- Predefined text (e.g. welcome to use our services bla bla...)
- Email
- Username
- Password
- Footer

I'm sorry, What do you mean?
Exporting contact list with these information?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I'm sorry, What do you mean?
Exporting contact list with these information?

1. Create new email-account
2. Print PDF, which contains login details (with predefined values, headers, logo etc)

In any cases, it's needed to send login details for customers somehow, so this makes things a lot easier and faster.

With backup it will be great ability to easy restore mail server to new OS (easy migration). No matter by scripts or by pressing button from web interface wink

@billybons2006, for simply backup accounts, you can use phpLDAPadmin or command "slapcat" to export whole LDAP server data in LDIF format. To restore it, just import this LDIF file.

Still thinking about better backup & restore, but at least we can use phpLDAPadmin/slapcat for this now.

I would like to be able to manage dkim keys in iredadmin. That is, I want iredadmin to create the dkim key and modify amavisd.conf for me so that I don't have to go to the command line to do it.

Then that would leave modifying DNS up to me.

Thanks!

I don't want to let iRedAdmin-Pro execute any command, at least not now. So i don't know when it will be achieved. Sorry.

ability to monitor current queue for server and domain levels, if possible for user level as well.
last one is to easily identify which users account is spamming. (most of spammers now hack weak smtp password and send spam from legitimate servers.)

statistic on spam and viruses
ability to see current version of definition of clamAV, and if possible ability to force update.
if quota is reached or close to being reached (any quota: domain size, mail lists, aliases, mailbox size) notification should be sent to configurable email. mailbox size quota notification should be sent to mailbox owner as well

dimonzub wrote:

ability to monitor current queue for server and domain levels, if possible for user level as well.

You can use "pfqueue" or similar tools for command line based queue management. No plan to achieve queue management in iRedAdmin-Pro yet.

dimonzub wrote:

last one is to easily identify which users account is spamming. (most of spammers now hack weak smtp password and send spam from legitimate servers.)

Will try to implement this in iRedMail further release, with Amavisd SQL storage.

dimonzub wrote:

statistic on spam and viruses

Will try to implement this in iRedMail further release, with Amavisd SNMP.

dimonzub wrote:

ability to see current version of definition of clamAV, and if possible ability to force update.

No plan yet.

dimonzub wrote:

if quota is reached or close to being reached (any quota: domain size, mail lists, aliases, mailbox size) notification should be sent to configurable email. mailbox size quota notification should be sent to mailbox owner as well

Dovecot will send quota exceed notification email to user. You can check "quota_warning" setting in dovecot config file.
No plan to achieve domain quota size, mail list, alias. Because they are not dynamic, automatic increased.

Thanks very much for your feedback. smile

Hello - Any news on mysql backend support?

v1.4.0 will focus on mysql support.