Topic: Installation of SoGo after initial Install

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Ubuntu 14.04
MySQL
Apache
No

Is it possible to Install SoGo after initial Install?
I missed the option and don't want to have to re-install to get Sogo Functionality/

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Installation of SoGo after initial Install

Try this:

*) Make sure there's a file "config" under your iRedMail-0.9.3 directory. e.g. /root/iRedMail-0.9.3/config.

*) Open the "config" file, find variable 'USE_SOGO=NO', update it to:

export USE_SOGO='YES'

*) The "config" file should contain additional 2 variables too:

export SOGO_DB_PASSWD=
export SOGO_SIEVE_MASTER_PASSWD=

If not exist, please add them with random and strong passwords. for example:

export USE_SOGO='YES'
export SOGO_DB_PASSWD='EikoCfQ6kGq7AE91oT1Tmzhvzrpion'
export SOGO_SIEVE_MASTER_PASSWD='eIKOCfQ6kGq7AE91oT1Tmzhvzrpion'

*) Run iRedMail installer as usual:

bash iRedMail.sh

When it says it found an existing config file, please type 'y' (or 'Y', without quotes) to use it. It will skip other components and just install SOGo.

Did it work ? I also would like to install SOGO but wouldnt it break everything if I run the iRedmail.sh Script again ?

It should work the same way with sogo -- but you have to either install sogo packages manually first, or comment out 'export status_install_all_pkgs="DONE"' in runtime/install.status, so that iRedMail will install required packages.

Hello,

To avoid potential double threads I will reply here first.

I had installed iRedMail 0.9.5-1 on Ubuntu 14.04 but I selected not to install SOGo. The mail server runs fine.

Now some clients want to add their email accounts to Outlook, and I read that SOGo was required for that to be done.

I have tried to install SOGo onto my existing iRedMail installation using the instructions above, however they got me nowhere.

After I commented out   'export status_install_all_pkgs="DONE"' in runtime/install.status, I ran bash iRedMail.sh

It skips everything as it should until it gets to sogo configs and it gives me this:

[ INFO ] Configure SOGo Groupware (Webmail, Calendar, Address Book, ActiveSync).
Could not open required defaults file: /iRedMail-0.9.5-1/.mysql-root-defaults-file
Fatal error in defaults handling. Program aborted
chown: invalid user: 'sogo:sogo'
chown: invalid user: 'sogo:sogo'

Any help is appreciated.
I saw several guides on how to install sogo separately but I am not sure how to configure it right to work with my already iinstalled and fucntional iRedMail.

Dear @sameh.onaissi,

Please follow this tutorial to fix the SOGo installation:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/sogo-centos-6-mysql.html

7 (edited by sameh.onaissi 2016-10-14 21:51:08)

Hello ZhangHuangbin,

Thanks for the reply.

That guide is for CentOS 6. My installation is on Ubuntu 14.04

Is there a similar guide for Ubuntu?
I had come across that one before, but never came across one for Ubuntu.

Thanks for your help.

Besides the package installation (yum vs apt-get, and different package names), other parts are almost same. So how about give it a try? maybe test on virtual machine first.

9 (edited by sameh.onaissi 2016-10-22 04:55:44)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Besides the package installation (yum vs apt-get, and different package names), other parts are almost same. So how about give it a try? maybe test on virtual machine first.

Hello again,

Following the above instructions, I got to a dead end, so it seems.
I can't find the apache SOGo.conf file to comment out the 2 ProxyPass directives.

I saw that someone (maybe you? ZhangHuanbin) reported this as a bug here: https://sogo.nu/bugs/bug_relationship_g … h=relation

However, the file is not in conf-available either.

I should mention that I only installed sogo, since I couldn't find other packages names for Ubuntu  (sope49-gdl1-mysql sogo-activesync sogo-ealarms-notify sogo-tool)

Any further ideas?

Thanks again.

The bug was reported by me, and it was fixed for a long time.
You can run command "dpkg -L sogo" to figure out which files were installed by SOGo package, then find the one you want to modify.

sameh.onaissi wrote:

I should mention that I only installed sogo, since I couldn't find other packages names for Ubuntu  (sope49-gdl1-mysql sogo-activesync sogo-ealarms-notify sogo-tool)

You can check the apt repo to get the package names:
https://packages.inverse.ca/SOGo/nightly/3/ubuntu/pool/