Topic: How to use iRedMail as RelayHost for other internal servers?

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (Xenial Xerus)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache 2
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No.
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I've just set up a new mail server running iRedMail 0.9.5-1 to replace our older 0.9.0 server.  I didn't upgrade the old server, but rather set up a brand new iRedMail install on a new server and then migrated the mail and accounts to the new server. On the old server, I was able to set it up to allow other servers on our internal network to send mail through the iredmail server as a relayhost, but with the new server, I'm not able to do so unless the From address matches the SMTP authentication login.  I've been able to adjust some of the other server processes to have a matching From and SMTP auth, but some things I'm not able to easily adjust.

How can I set up my new 0.9.5-1 iRedMail server to allow other machines on the same subnet to send mail regardless of the From and SMTP auth? Ideally, I'd like the iRedMail server to allow anything on a specific network to send mail without requiring SMTP auth.  I believe this would be called a local open relay, or a relayhost without requiring smtp auth.

I'm happy to share whatever configurations or log files may be helpful.

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to use iRedMail as RelayHost for other internal servers?

kimball wrote:

but with the new server, I'm not able to do so unless the From address matches the SMTP authentication login.

This is handled by iRedAPD, and it's easy to solve.

1) Disable iRedAPD plugin 'reject_sender_login_mismatch'. Simple, but not the best way to solve this issue.
2) List all relay servers in iRedAPD config file like this:

ALLOWED_FORGED_SENDERS = ['domain1.com', 'domain2.com', 'domain3.com', ...]

Thank you for the response.  Using the ALLOWED_FORGED_SENDERS setting worked.

Somehow, I never received a message that you had responded to my original question, despite the fact I am subscribed to this topic.  Odd.

Thanks again!

kimball wrote:

Somehow, I never received a message that you had responded to my original question, despite the fact I am subscribed to this topic.  Odd.

Maybe our forum mailer had issue. It was sent from our web hosting vendor, and it doesn't allow me to use external SMTP server at all.