Topic: Questions about authentication with Active Directory

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 09.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.06
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP during installation but actually using AD
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

So this is the scenario that I have:

-My mail domain is domain.org
-My AD domain is domain.local
-I've successfully setup IredMail (default domain = domain.org) to authenticate users against the AD. Users can do so using user/user@domain.org/user@domain.local.
-Users can send emails to their own domain (domain.org) but not to domain.local.
-Roundcube is searching properly in the AD for the users, but they are show like user@domain.local (as expected).

My question are:
1) Is it possible to create an alias for domain.org so that mails sent to user@domain.local go to user@domain.org? If so... how? I don't want to be messing things in the AD, I would like to do so in Iredmail.
2) How do I modify the Roundcube search so that the users are shown like user@domain.org instead of user@domain.local?

Best regards.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Questions about authentication with Active Directory

Another question:

-What changes do I need to make in roundcube so that it will load the groups present in my AD so that I can send emails to the members of those groups.

Regards

Re: Questions about authentication with Active Directory

Tony-admincujae wrote:

1) Is it possible to create an alias for domain.org so that mails sent to user@domain.local go to user@domain.org? If so... how?

I didn't try it before, but with Postfix address rewriting, it's possible.
i don't have an AD server for testing right now, cannot test at all.

Tony-admincujae wrote:

2) How do I modify the Roundcube search so that the users are shown like user@domain.org instead of user@domain.local?

Roundcube simply shows the value stored in LDAP attributes, i have no idea how to modify the values on the fly. You'd better ask in Roundcube community instead:
https://roundcube.net/support/

Tony-admincujae wrote:

-What changes do I need to make in roundcube so that it will load the groups present in my AD so that I can send emails to the members of those groups.

With "virtual_alias_maps = proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ad_virtual_group_maps.cf" in Postfix (mentioned in our tutorial: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/active.dir … -postfix), you can send email to groups directly, and email will be forwarded to members.