Topic: Remove Apache and transfer iRedMail to Nginx

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? : Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: Dovecot, Sogo
====

Can anyone guide if I want to remove Apache and transfer all my iRedMail services on to Nginx? I am experiencing slowness in apache where would like to transfer it to Nginx for better performance.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Remove Apache and transfer iRedMail to Nginx

*) The first idea might be figuring out why Apache is slow, maybe you can overcome it by simply tuning some parameters.
*) To avoid messing up your production server, it's better try the migration in a virtual machine first.

To transfer to Nginx, the simplest way (to me) might be:

1. Setup a virtual machine and install the latest iRedMail release, with Nginx as web server.
2. Install Ngixn on your production server.
3. Copy Nginx config files (/etc/nginx/*) to your mail server. To avoid file permission issue, it's better run Nginx as Apache daemon user. and listen on different ports (e.g. 81 for http, 444 for https). so that you can run Apache and Nginx at the same time for testing.

thanks zhang for prompt response. I will follow it through now.

Hi Zhang,

I think following configuration boost my performance. Its very much faster now as compared to earlier.

5 Tips to Boost the Performance of Your Apache Web Server

Hope this helps anyone.

Thanks for sharing. If you have issue with Apache -> Nginx transfer, please create a new thread.