1 (edited by lakano 2015-08-23 23:42:22)

Topic: Is it safe to remove RoundCube / SOGo / NginX / Apache ?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Server 14.04.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NginX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Not yet
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

I'll install on another server OwnCloud with RainLoop webmail integration (BTW, if you don't known RainLoop, take a look on rainloop demo: http://demo.rainloop.net/ this is a serious alternative to aging RounCube )

So, I'll no more need RoundCube / SOGo on my iRedMail server, and I suppose I can remove them + NginX + Apache (I don't known why, I have the 2 web servers installed.. )

But before, I would like to be sure this will not break something else in iRedMail ?

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Is it safe to remove RoundCube / SOGo / NginX / Apache ?

*) with iRedMail-0.9.2, only one web server will be installed, not both. So you may have either Nginx or Apache, not both. double check please.

*) RainLoop is a webmail and it relies on a web server.
*) ownCloud is a web application, and it relies on a web server, too.
*) Roundcube is a webmail, it could be replaced by RainLoop, so it's ok to remove it if you want.
*) SOGo is a webmail, and a calendar/contact/tasks/ActiveSync server, if you don't need them all, it's ok to remove it if you want.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

*) with iRedMail-0.9.2, only one web server will be installed, not both. So you may have either Nginx or Apache, not both. double check please.

Just checked, I only have the nginx package installed, but I have /etc/apache2/ configuration file for SOGo

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

*) RainLoop is a webmail and it relies on a web server.
*) ownCloud is a web application, and it relies on a web server, too.
*) Roundcube is a webmail, it could be replaced by RainLoop, so it's ok to remove it if you want.
*) SOGo is a webmail, and a calendar/contact/tasks/ActiveSync server, if you don't need them all, it's ok to remove it if you want.

Ok, thanks !

lakano wrote:

Just checked, I only have the nginx package installed, but I have /etc/apache2/ configuration file for SOGo

This is due to SOGo package installation, it ships a sample config file for Apache.

Hi Lakano,

Please share one tutorial if you successfully achieve implementing rainloop with all features including sieve scripts which will help iRedMail users if they want to try it out.