==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? YES
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Question.....Now that the server is up and running smooth, unfortunately I've noticed it's not quite powerful enough....I would like to put it on a stronger machine.....I don't suppose it's as easy as just moving the hard drive from one tower to the next? I know that would never work on a windows setup, but wasn't sure about linux(ubuntu)/iredmail
Thanks in advance,
Luke

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: New Tower

If you can get Linux server booting up and running, why is it impossible?

I've looked at the "Backup/Restore" document, but I'm wondering if I wanted to migrate my server to a newer tower, can I just use rsync to move everything to the new tower using the following command line

rsync -aAXv --exclude={"/dev/*","/proc/*","/sys/*","/tmp/*","/run/*","/mnt/*","/media/*","/lost+found"} / /path/to/backup/folder

Luke6283 wrote:

can I just use rsync to move everything to the new tower using the following command line
rsync -aAXv --exclude={"/dev/*","/proc/*","/sys/*","/tmp/*","/run/*","/mnt/*","/media/*","/lost+found"} / /path/to/backup/folder

NO.