- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.3
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Dear all,
Since setting up iRedMail with SOGo (no roundcubemail) I struggle getting SOGo to work with sieve filters. It works for the main account (postmaster in my case) used during setup but not for all others. Same is valid for the vacation response. Anything I might have missed?
When I backup with sogo-tool, I can see all filters all right, same in webmail. I cannot see any errors in the logs, it just does not work. I tried to recompile the filters manually, with no success.
Does anyone experience this too, and how to solve?

many thanks in advance
Andy

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SOGo ignores sieve filter rules and vacation response

Please try to turn on debug mode in Dovecot to see whether it uses correct sieve file, maybe it raised some error.

Reference: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/debug.dovecot.html

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please try to turn on debug mode in Dovecot to see whether it uses correct sieve file, maybe it raised some error.

Reference: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/debug.dovecot.html

Hello Zhang,
I did. What am I looking for?

I could locate two errors, whereas the first always comes in bulk with values 100%,95%,90% and 85%:

Oct 10 10:26:15 imap(andreas@blaha.at): Debug: Quota warning: bytes=0 (100%) messages=0 reverse=no command=quota-warning 100 andreas@blaha.at
Oct 10 10:26:15 imap(andreas@blaha.at): Debug: Quota warning: bytes=0 (95%) messages=0 reverse=no command=quota-warning 95 andreas@blaha.at
Oct 10 10:26:15 imap(andreas@blaha.at): Debug: Quota warning: bytes=0 (90%) messages=0 reverse=no command=quota-warning 90 andreas@blaha.at
Oct 10 10:26:15 imap(andreas@blaha.at): Debug: Quota warning: bytes=0 (85%) messages=0 reverse=no command=quota-warning 85 andreas@blaha.at
Oct 10 10:26:15 imap(andreas@blaha.at): Debug: Quota grace: root=user bytes=0 (10%)
Oct 10 10:26:15 imap(andreas@blaha.at): Debug: dict quota: user=andreas@blaha.at, uri=proxy::quotadict, noenforcing=0

The second error seemingly comes for every single folder and subfolder:

Oct 10 10:26:15 imap(andreas@blaha.at): Debug: acl vfile: file /var/vmail/vmail1/blaha.at/andreas//Maildir/._SubFolder/dovecot-acl not found

Any ideas?

This is not error, just normal log.

The pasted log doesn't contain any info about sieve, please paste FULL log related to your testing, and do not filter the log with 'grep' (or similar commands), we need original log. But it's ok to replace your domain name by, e.g. 'example.com', 'mydomain.com'.

5 (edited by ablaha 2016-10-10 18:17:10)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

This is not error, just normal log.

The pasted log doesn't contain any info about sieve, please paste FULL log related to your testing, and do not filter the log with 'grep' (or similar commands), we need original log. But it's ok to replace your domain name by, e.g. 'example.com', 'mydomain.com'.

OK, I see that this is split in two. I have included both log files. These are complete, I just replaced the domain names. domain.tld is the one I have set the server up with. It works fine for mailboxes with that domain.
domain2.tld is a second domain, it does not work for that as for any domain that has been added afterwards.
I am using postfixadmin to maintain domains and mailboxes.

many thanks in advance

Andy

Post's attachments

dovecot-sieve.log 14.24 kb, 1 downloads since 2016-10-10 

dovecot.log 735.37 kb, 1 downloads since 2016-10-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

ablaha wrote:

Wow, i expect some differences with PostfixAdmin. Please show me output of SQL commands below:

USE vmail;
SELECT * FROM mailbox WHERE username IN ("email_of_working_account", "email_of_NOT_working_account") \G

Please replace "email_of_working_account" and "email_of_NOT_working_account" above.

Although iRedMail was based on PostfixAdmin at the beginning, but we have lots of improvements for years, so managing iRedMail server with PostfixAdmin is not ideal.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
ablaha wrote:

Wow, i expect some differences with PostfixAdmin. Please show me output of SQL commands below:

USE vmail;
SELECT * FROM mailbox WHERE username IN ("email_of_working_account", "email_of_NOT_working_account") \G

Please replace "email_of_working_account" and "email_of_NOT_working_account" above.

Here you go, see enclosed.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Although iRedMail was based on PostfixAdmin at the beginning, but we have lots of improvements for years, so managing iRedMail server with PostfixAdmin is not ideal.

I was afraid so, iRedAdmin Pro would have been my first choice, just cannot afford it.

Post's attachments

mysql.log 3.88 kb, 1 downloads since 2016-10-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

The user records seem fine. I forgot one most important setting: does your new mail domain use 'dovecot' as transport? You can check with SQL commands below:

USE vmail;
SELECT domain, transport FROM domain WHERE domain IN ("working_domain", "not_working_domain");

I believe you don't have "dovecot" for the not working domain.

ablaha wrote:

I was afraid so, iRedAdmin Pro would have been my first choice, just cannot afford it.

No offense: the time you spent to achieve the features which are already available in iRedAdmin-Pro, costs more money than our license fee. Needless to say you have to spend time to follow iRedMail SQL/LDAP structure change, and keep both iRedMail and your work up to date. Your time and energy cost more.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

The user records seem fine. I forgot one most important setting: does your new mail domain use 'dovecot' as transport? You can check with SQL commands below:

USE vmail;
SELECT domain, transport FROM domain WHERE domain IN ("working_domain", "not_working_domain");

I believe you don't have "dovecot" for the not working domain.

That is correct. the transport is set to "virtual" for the second domain. How comes and how to correct? Just amend in the table?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
ablaha wrote:

No offense: the time you spent to achieve the features which are already available in iRedAdmin-Pro, costs more money than our license fee. Needless to say you have to spend time to follow iRedMail SQL/LDAP structure change, and keep both iRedMail and your work up to date. Your time and energy cost more.

I agree, and as soon as I start using it commercially on a broader base, it is the way forward. Is it possible to make it working in an already set up system? iredadmin was installed initially and is still there.

ablaha wrote:

That is correct. the transport is set to "virtual" for the second domain. How comes and how to correct? Just amend in the table?

Just change 'virtual' to 'dovecot', then done.

ablaha wrote:

Is it possible to make it working in an already set up system? iredadmin was installed initially and is still there.

No problem, but you must upgrade iRedMail to the latest iRedMail-0.9.5-1 first. Then check our upgrade tutorial below to upgrade it (just 4 simple shell commands):
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/migrate.or … admin.html

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
ablaha wrote:

Just change 'virtual' to 'dovecot', then done.

Thank you very much, this did the trick!

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
ablaha wrote:

Is it possible to make it working in an already set up system? iredadmin was installed initially and is still there.

No problem, but you must upgrade iRedMail to the latest iRedMail-0.9.5-1 first. Then check our upgrade tutorial below to upgrade it (just 4 simple shell commands):
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/migrate.or … admin.html

Thank you, I will look into this!