1 (edited by BertVK 2016-10-02 23:15:30)

Topic: "internal server error" on fresh install with Apache and MySQL

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5.1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Server 16.04.1 64bit
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,
I have setup a clean Ubuntu 16.04 64bit install on a Digital Ocean droplet. I then installed iRedMail as per the documentation.
The host name is ara.calahari.be
Mail domain name is calahari.be

When the install is finished I go to https://ara.calahari.be/iredadmin, log in and get an internal server error.
Checking the Apache logs I find "OperationalError: (2003, "Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111)")". The MySQL service is running.
Where do I set up the MySQL connection? What connection data do I need to use? Documentation in this is a bit sparse.

Thanks

Bert

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: "internal server error" on fresh install with Apache and MySQL

Check iredadmin config file /opt/www/iredadmin/settings.py, it contains sql server address, port, username, password.

With the data in the settings.py file I could log in, strangely enough.

After a reboot and a restart of the mysql service I could log into the iredmail site. Strange.

Thanks for the help.

BertVK wrote:

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5.1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Server 16.04.1 64bit
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,
I have setup a clean Ubuntu 16.04 64bit install on a Digital Ocean droplet. I then installed iRedMail as per the documentation.
The host name is ara.calahari.be
Mail domain name is calahari.be

When the install is finished I go to https://ara.calahari.be/iredadmin, log in and get an internal server error.
Checking the Apache logs I find "OperationalError: (2003, "Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111)")". The MySQL service is running.
Where do I set up the MySQL connection? What connection data do I need to use? Documentation in this is a bit sparse.

Thanks

Bert

Did you remember to reboot right after the installation completed as the instructions given by the installer said to do?