Topic: User reported undelivered email

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.8.6
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: RHEL 6.5 (Santiago)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): OpenLDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Nope sad
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

A user has reported that he should have received an email from a specific address.
How can I debug this ?
I suspect that the email has been quarantined.
How should I find out this ?
Is there a possible way to recover the message, or forward it to the user ?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: User reported undelivered email

First step is searching this email address in Postfix log file, if the email arrived, the log will have related info (time, sender, recipient, rejected/quarantined or not, etc).

Reference: file locations on iRedMail server:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/file.locations.html

I did query all the (not yet rotated) logs (postfix-dovecot-sieve), but nothing's there for the specific user from the address he specified. Its' all clean, no errors , no bounces nothing.

The fact is that there is another relay (trendmicro smth) in advance to my setup.
So, I guess I have to search there now, right ?

BTW, I am in a dilemma about shutting down the whole amavis-clamav-spamassassin since this is covered from trendmicro or leave the two point spam/virus checking

mpoudim wrote:

I did query all the (not yet rotated) logs (postfix-dovecot-sieve), but nothing's there for the specific user from the address he specified. Its' all clean, no errors , no bounces nothing.

Try to search the IP address of sender's mail server, maybe it was blocked by postscreen/DNSBL service or other policy.

mpoudim wrote:

BTW, I am in a dilemma about shutting down the whole amavis-clamav-spamassassin since this is covered from trendmicro or leave the two point spam/virus checking

We have a doc for you:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/completely … assin.html

No Postscreen/DNSBL seems to be enabled.
BTW your documentation was pretty useful in querying that.
I resolved the issue, it was located in the third party filtering.
Thanks for your time.