==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

As I understand it, using an SQL back end requires me to use the "alias" feature to create a listserv. However, the resulting alias does not behave exactly like a listserv.

I created alias myalias@mydomain.com.

I set display name as "My Forum".

I set it to accept mail from users under domain mydomain.com.

I send mail to the alias address from user1@mydomain.com.

The message arrives with no indication of "My Forum" in the Subject line.

If I choose Reply to the message in Thunderbird, the reply will be sent to user1@mydomain.com, NOT myalias@mydomain.com.

If I choose Reply All to the message, the message will be sent to user1@mydomain.com, and CC to myalias@mydomain.com, meaning the sender will receive the reply twice.

I want this to work the same as a Mailman listserv. That is,

1. When I send email to the list address, I want the server to automatically insert [My Forum] in the subject line.

2. When I choose Reply (not Reply All) to a message that came from the list, I want the automatically-selected Reply-to address to be the list address, that is, myalias@mydomain.com.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Make Alias Behave Like Listserv

Mail alias is just mail forwarding. To achieve your purpose, you need a mailing list management tool like Mailman, mlmmj.