- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hi!
After failed attempts to get Sogo to work as required, I reinstalled the system and installed the latest version of iRedMail 0.9.5.1. Is Sogo when installing chose RoundCube. Following the instructions from the backup restored the LDAP database and mailboxes.
Now everything works great, except Mailbox Sharing.
In the RoundCube settings under "Folder", give the permissions, but the other user open folder does not appear. This problem only affects mailboxes of old users. With the same settings in the new mailbox sharing works.
What I found out.
1. Our database iredadmin in table share_folder entry always appears.
2. In the new mailboxes after configuring the folder appears Shared, and in the old folder does not appear.
Any ideas?
P.S. Sorry for my English.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Not working Sharing IMAP folder with other users

imak wrote:

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Your English is fine, at least i can understand it.

Which iRedMail release WERE you running? Maybe there's some changes between old and the latest iRedMail releases, you should update existing mail accounts with missed LDAP attribute/value pairs.

Check our tutorial quickly to figure it out whether there're LDAP data/schema related changes between your old and the latest iRedMail release:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/iredmail.releases.html

3 (edited by imak 2016-09-03 05:32:25)

Thanks for the quick response!
Version old server 0.9.5. It was gradually updated, it seems with version 0.9.2. Version new server 0.9.5-1.
You were right. I found differences in LDAP records old and new users.
For purity of experiment I exported the LDAP entry per user in the LDIF file. Then using iredadmin deleted that user and then created again. And again exported the LDAP entry for that user.
From the LDIF file old user in comparison with a new user not enough the following values in attribute "enabledService" :
dsync,
doveadm,
sogo.
Then in the LDAP record another old user I have added these values, but sharing a mailbox he had not earned. :-(
Maybe I'm not just fix everything?
And in addition to LDAP, should I make changes somewhere else?

Please turn on debug mode in Dovecot to get more detailed log for troubleshooting:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/debug.dovecot.html

I turned on debug mode for dovecot. In the attachment part of the log file. At this time I'm in RoundCube session of the old user ( nnovgorod ) give rights to another user on the INBOX.

Post's attachments

dovecot.log.debag 5.12 kb, 1 downloads since 2016-09-03 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I'm a little confused here.

*) You migrated mail users from old iRedMail server to the latest iRedMail-0.9.5-1.
*) With Roundcube, migrated mail users cannot see the shared IMAP folder, but newly created user can see it. right?
*) Does it work if you add missed LDAP attribute/value for old mail users?

enabledService=dsync
enabledService=doveadm
enabledService=sogo

The most important one is 'doveadm' in this case.

Yes, You are right.
*)   
I migrated from the server in the configuration: Debian7 / iRedMail 0.9.5 / LDAP / Apache / Sogo
On the server configuration: Ubuntu 14.04 / iRedMail 0.9.5-1 / LDAP / Nginx / RoundCube
*)
For example.
USER1, USER2 - old users. The USER3  - new user.
if USER1 with RoundCube opens his folder for USER2 or USER3, they have this folder does not appear.
If the USER3 opens the folder for USER1 or USER2, they have this folder appears.
*)
If I USER1 add missing LDAP attributes, nothing changes. Users 2 and 3 still can't see the shared folder.

UPD
When the USER3 sharing a folder, it automatically creates a directory vmail1/mydomain.EN/u/s/e/user3-time-stamp/Maildir/Shared.
When the USER1 sharing your folder, directory vmail1/mydomain.EN/u/s/e/user1-time-stamp/Maildir/Shared is not created.

imak wrote:

If I USER1 add missing LDAP attributes, nothing changes. Users 2 and 3 still can't see the shared folder.

Is the shared IMAP folder available if you go to Roundcube -> Settings -> Folders?

Are you asking about users user2 and user3? Do them unsigned there's a folder?
There does not appear.

USER1 setup for sharing folder is present.

imak wrote:

*)
For example.
USER1, USER2 - old users. The USER3  - new user.
if USER1 with RoundCube opens his folder for USER2 or USER3, they have this folder does not appear.
If the USER3 opens the folder for USER1 or USER2, they have this folder appears.

In this case, if USER1 shares folder to USER2 and USER3, does the shared IMAP folder appear in Roundcube (Settings -> Folders) when you login as USER2 and USER3?

If not, there might be some problem with the user LDIF data. Please try to sync old users with new users -- add missed LDAP attribute/value pairs, then try again.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please try to sync old users with new users -- add missed LDAP attribute/value pairs, then try again.

You can tell what commands you can do?
To work with LDAP, I use Apache Directory Studio".
The difference in the attributes identified through this program I have written above. Adding missing attributes to the USER1 does not solve the problem.

No clue yet. sad
Maybe re-create this user with same maildir path (so that he can read old emails).

For some users, so I did. Such a solution works.
But did not want to re-create more than 300 users.
Okay, thread can be considered closed.
I will recreate users as needed.