==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): iRedMail-0.9.0
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.6 64bit
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Not sure
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I am new bee to Iredmail, as I come across a situation where a previous admin setup a server with Iredmail and now we are unable to login to any admin panel, However, I do have root login of the server.

Please help me to fetch postmater@domain login password.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: I forgot the postmaster@domain password

login information given in 'iRedMail.tips' are not working.

mkhan wrote:

- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Not sure

Try this to figure it out:

postmap -n | grep '_maps'

if you see 'proxy:mysql:/...', it's MySQL backend. 'proxy:pgsql:' is PostgreSQL, 'proxy:ldap:' is OpenLDAP.

With MySQL/PostgreSQL backends, you can login to SQL server and change it manually like this (use MySQL for example):

sql> USE vmail;
sql> UPDATE mailbox SET password='{PLAIN}123456' WHERE username='postmaster@my_domain.com';

It resets password to '123456', you must login to iRedAdmin immediately and change it to a strong password.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm getting the below output;

postmap: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf, line 735: overriding earlier entry: smtp_tls_CAfile=$smtpd_tls_CAfile
postmap: fatal: usage: postmap [-Nfinoprsvw] [-c config_dir] [-d key] [-q key] [map_type:]file...

My mistake, it's "postconf -n", not "postmap". Sorry.

Thanks for the kind information, below is the output;

recipient_bcc_maps = proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/recipient_bcc_maps_user.cf, pr                                                                                        oxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/recipient_bcc_maps_domain.cf
sender_bcc_maps = proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/sender_bcc_maps_user.cf, proxy:ld                                                                                        ap:/etc/postfix/ldap/sender_bcc_maps_domain.cf
smtp_tls_policy_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/tls_policy
smtpd_sender_login_maps = proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/sender_login_maps.cf
transport_maps = proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/transport_maps_user.cf, proxy:ldap                                                                                        :/etc/postfix/ldap/transport_maps_domain.cf
virtual_alias_maps = proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_alias_maps.cf, proxy:l                                                                                        dap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_group_maps.cf, proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtua                                                                                        l_group_members_maps.cf, proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/catchall_maps.cf
virtual_gid_maps = static:2000
virtual_mailbox_maps = proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_mailbox_maps.cf

So you're using LDAP backend. Try this:

Install package 'ldapvi' (available in EPEL repo, it's a vi-like LDAP connection tool), then connect to LDAP server as LDAP root dn, or 'cn=vmailadmin,dc=xx,dc=xx' (you can find this dn and password in iRedAdmin config file /var/www/iredadmin/settings.py), find the user 'mail=postmaster@domain,ou=Users,domainName=domain,o=domains,dc=xx,dc=xx', then replace 'userPassword' by '{PLAIN}123456', save your change.