Topic: Two questions. Not able to send e-mail to gmail account, website issue

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Linux mailserver 4.4.0-36-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 11 18:01:55 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?non-pro
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Question 1:
After installing iRedMail, I have been able  to send and receive e-mail to/from my yahoo.com and hotmail.com accounts but when I send mail from my iRedmail account to gmail account it does get delivered using Thunderbird. Do I need to change some settings in the Thunderbird configuration?

Question 2:
When I tried to access my website, www.example.com ( i have used example.com as a dummy name here, real name is different), it takes me to Roundcude Webmail page. What changes should I make so that it will take me to my site page? I am planning to install Wordpress CMS. I haven't installed Wordpress yet as iRedMail requires a fresh server install. What should I lookout for while installing Wordpress so  that iRedMail and wordpress both will reside side-by-side on the same server (web server and mail server on the same ubuntu server)?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Two questions. Not able to send e-mail to gmail account, website issue

yoog wrote:

After installing iRedMail, I have been able  to send and receive e-mail to/from my yahoo.com and hotmail.com accounts but when I send mail from my iRedmail account to gmail account it does get delivered using Thunderbird. Do I need to change some settings in the Thunderbird configuration?

What's the issue here? Do you mean can NOT send email with Thunderbird?

yoog wrote:

What changes should I make so that it will take me to my site page?

iRedMail generates file /var/www/index.html or /var/www/html/index.html on your system, please open it and you will see it redirects http request to webmail ("/mail"). You can remove this file.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
yoog wrote:

What's the issue here? Do you mean can NOT send email with Thunderbird?

The issue is I can not send e-mails to my gmail account from my iRedMail server account. I can send e-mail to yahoo and hotmail account without any problem. I am not sure if Gmail is throwing mails away because of some sort of security certificate issue with my iRedMail installation or what.

yoog wrote:

The issue is I can not send e-mails to my gmail account from my iRedMail server account.

*) Did you check Spam folder in Gmail?
*) Did you get any bounce message from Gmail (in your mailbox)? We need technical info in this bounce message to help troubleshoot.