1 (edited by kaeo 2016-08-26 04:06:53)

Topic: Changing the default language for notifications through ManageSieve

Short Question:
I'm looking to change the default message body content that gets sent out by the ManageSieve filter for email notifications. Where can I find the dict (or template) that assembles the content of the ManageSieve notification email?

I currently have a sieve filter set up to send a notification email to a separate email address whenever an email is received on my server. The notifications are working exactly as they should. However, the notification email's message body only contains the bland language of:

"Notification of New Message"

I would love to be able to add instructions, or a friendlier message for users that is standard across all instances of this notification for all users. Where can I find that dict or template file as it is used in the default ManageSieve filter set?

Is it located as a file on my system (and where) or is the dict stored in a database?

Thank you for your time.

==== Required information ====
-Email front-end : Roundcube

- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Changing the default language for notifications through ManageSieve

How did you implement the "notification"?

While logged into Roundcube, I clicked on Filters in the Settings page, then used the ManageSieve filter set to create a filter that sends an email to a separate, outside email address every time the server receives an email for that account.

In Roundcube filter, if you choose action "Send notification", it allows you to set:

- Notification target (recipient)
- Notification message
- Notification sender

is it enough? It's a per-user sieve rule setting.

I didn't find Dovecot sieve (server-side) supports template like this, you may do it with a sample filter with global sieve rule (/var/vmail/sieve/dovecot.sieve by default), or offer a sample filter in Roundcube sieve plugin (define the path to sample sieve rule file in plugins/managesieve/config.inc.php).