Re: Upgrade from iredmail 0.8.5 to 0.9.5

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
manoranjan wrote:

I have already tried this Zhang, but this also didn't worked.

Did you add 'maxsize' and restart openldap service? Check our sample setting:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/src/ … d.conf-170

Yes i have restarted openldap after adding 'maxsize'.

Please show me your full /etc/ldap/slapd.conf, remove the rootpw line before pasting.

I have attached mine slapd.conf for you reference. After adding 'cachesize' openldap failed to restart.

manoranjan wrote:

Is it possible to keep the databases as bdb only instead of mdb in newer version.

mdb is much faster than bdb, and no configuration required (bdb requires 'DB_CONFIG' in data directory). It's not recommended to use bdb on new server.

Ok

Post's attachments

slapd.conf 6.92 kb, 1 downloads since 2016-08-11 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

mdb backend doesn't use 'cachesize', it doesn't require cache at all, and it is still much faster than bdb.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

mdb backend doesn't use 'cachesize', it doesn't require cache at all, and it is still much faster than bdb.

OK, I have removed cachesize from the slapd.conf

Did you find anything wrong in my slapd.conf that I have uploaded?

manoranjan wrote:

No.

Does this error happen again if you build one more new server for testing?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
manoranjan wrote:

No.

Does this error happen again if you build one more new server for testing?

Yes I have made two VM,s and the process resulted in same error.

I have no idea. Could you please clearly explain the steps you did right after you installed iRedMail on new server? The more details the better.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I have no idea. Could you please clearly explain the steps you did right after you installed iRedMail on new server? The more details the better.

Sorry for delay in replying Zhang as i was not well, Following are the steps that i have followed after the installation of latest iRedmail.

1- I took the copy of last successful ldap db backup and restored it to new server.
2- After the restoration i tried to update the ldap attributes as per the up gradation manual bu running following python file.

python updateLDAPValues_086_to_087.py

After running this file i get this error: mdb_id2entry_put: mdb_put failed: No space left on device(28)

Do you have 'maxsize 2147483648' line in /etc/ldap/slapd.conf before running this command?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do you have 'maxsize 2147483648' line in /etc/ldap/slapd.conf before running this command?

No not on the first time I ran the command.

As far as i know, the error (mdb_id2entry_put: mdb_put failed: No space left on device(28)) was caused by missing "maxsize" parameter in OpenLDAP config file (slapd.conf). So I wonder this is ok for you:

- Setup a new Ubuntu 16.04 server.
- Install the latest iRedMail-0.9.5-1
- After iRedMail installation, check whether you have 'maxsize' setting in slapd.conf. if not, add it (maxsize 2147483648), restart openldap service.
- Import the LDIF backup file.
- Run updateLDAPValues_086_to_087.py again.

If you already did above steps strictly and still get same error message, i'm clueless. sad You'd better post to OpenLDAP mailing list to get help from experts.