Topic: Couple of questions

Hi

I was wondering if it is possible not to install amavisd during instalation (wanna give assp a try)?

I have a phishing issue: how could i block certain mails coming from something like from: admin@blizzard.com, but are actually sent from a hotmail account like vfasdfsdf@hostmail.com and coming from the real hotmail server/ip.?

Is there a way to block them? cause i cannot block the entire hotmail domain.

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Couple of questions

radu wrote:

I was wondering if it is possible not to install amavisd during instalation (wanna give assp a try)?

May i know why you consider not to install it?

Amavisd will invoke SpamAssassin for content-based anti-spam checking, invoke ClamAV for anti-virus checking, invoke AlterMIME to sign disclaimer text on outgoing emails. It also provides DKIM signing and verification features, SPF verifing.

radu wrote:

I have a phishing issue: how could i block certain mails coming from something like from: admin@blizzard.com, but are actually sent from a hotmail account like vfasdfsdf@hostmail.com and coming from the real hotmail server/ip.?

You need SPF.
Refer to http://www.openspf.org/ for more detail about SPF, and you can increase spam score in SpamAssassin to help deliver these emails to Junk folder with SPF.

Re: Couple of questions

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
radu wrote:

May i know why you consider not to install it?

Amavisd will invoke SpamAssassin for content-based anti-spam checking, invoke ClamAV for anti-virus checking, invoke AlterMIME to sign disclaimer text on outgoing emails. It also provides DKIM signing and verification features, SPF verifing.

radu wrote:

You need SPF.
Refer to http://www.openspf.org/ for more detail about SPF, and you can increase spam score in SpamAssassin to help deliver these emails to Junk folder with SPF.

Spf has been installed, but the emails are "legit" sent from real hotmail.com accounts and from hotmail.com ip's

The only changed the "name" on the account side so it appears admin@blizzard.com instead of john smith

if you understand what i mean.

About the other part, assp has everything inside anyway, so it is useless to have both assp/amavisd (it might install it for itself but not sure) and clamav is needed anyway by assp.