Topic: SOGo issues - Service Unavailable

HI,
I have just installed the free version of iRedMail (0.9.5-1) in a FreeBSD jail with the MySQL backend and Apache as the web server.
Things look good in general, but i can't get SOGo to work properly.
Initially I had the issue discussed here:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic8772 … exist.html
I was able to solve it and confirmed that mysql has the proper tables.
Now if i try to reach my server at https://myserver/SOGo i get a Service Unavailable response.
If i try going to https://myserver:20000 i get something
(not sure if correct but something: a broken page with username and password fields ... a broken image, no submit button).
sogod is running
apache is running, i restart it to see if that fixed it (Sometimes Apache proxy has problems if the service on the other end was not running when it started), but unfortunately it didn't fix the issue.
sogo.log shows it as running and responding to requests
on a deeper check i find out that sogod is bind to the public IP, not the 127.0.0.1 that Apache is trying to proxy things through.
So basically it makes sense, apache can't proxy because sogod is not listening to the right IP address.
The question is: how do i fix it?
Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SOGo issues - Service Unavailable

Hi again,
upon further research the IP that sogod listens to is set in the logo.conf file.
But even if i change that (I tried 127.0.0.1 nd localhost) it still listen to the public IP.
It turns out that FreeBSD jails don;t have a 127.0.0.1 address, the loopback address is mapped to whatever address was assigned to the jail.
It also seems that sogod automatically adjusts when the address in its configuration is not available.
I will continue to look into this, but if someone has some insight, that would be great.
Thanks.

3 (edited by iredmail.mb 2016-07-25 04:34:51)

ok,
i guess one possible solution is to modify the apache proxy config to connect to the public IP address. I'm not sure if there are any downsides with the sogod being exposed to outside public traffic vs proxied traffic.
Another possibility (which i just implemented) is to give the jail an additional non public IP, (it can be in the 127.0.0.x range) and then modify the proxy and the sogo.conf file to use that address.
things are working for me this way...
Not sure if some change should be applied to the FreeBSD jail installation script and instructions given these discoveries.
Thanks.

You can ask SOGo to listen on correct IP address in /usr/local/etc/sogo/sogo.conf, parameter "WOPort =".

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can ask SOGo to listen on correct IP address in /usr/local/etc/sogo/sogo.conf, parameter "WOPort =".

In the particular case of a FreeBSD jail even seeting WOPort =127.0.0.1 will still result in SOGo listening to another IP.
(I believe SOGo does this because in this setup 127.0.0.1 does not exists).

In any case i was able to resolve the issue by creating a virtual network interface with an IP in the 10.x.x.x range, giving the Jail this second IP, setting SOGo to listen to that IP and changing the relevant Apache config file to proxy to that IP.