Topic: Active Directory

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello

I have been tasked with setting up a spam filter for our exchange. I would like to use iRedmail as the mechanics behind it, and remove stuff that will not be used. Do you support or have a write up on how to authenticate users against active directory, so that the spamfilter will automatically drop mail that is not destined for a mail user?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Active Directory

Check this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/active.directory.html

Zang

After reading this tutorial, I have a good grasp. This document however says you have to disable IredAPD, I would like to keep this as the device is going to be a spamfilter. I was thinking of running both mysql for IredAPD and openldap for authentication. I am also going to disable/uninstall webmail and dovecot as there will be no local accounts and postfix will be relaying clean email to an exchange server. What are your thoughts on this setup

Andrew

For some iRedAPD plugins, it will query (LDAP) mail accounts to get some data, but it doesn't support Active Directory (yet). So you'd better disable iRedAPD completely, or do not enable those plugins which requires LDAP data.