Topic: Storing the forwarding address into database

As I know, you store the user's forwarding address to the root of the users' data directory. It would be much better if you could store them into the database too. Some management script could run much quicker, for example suspending inactive users who have no forwarding address, etc.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Storing the forwarding address into database

poljakov wrote:

As I know, you store the user's forwarding address to the root of the users' data directory.

Forwarding addresses are stored in SQL/LDAP by default, not in a file on file system.

Well, it's right for the iRedMail only, but not for the integrated RoundCube. Somehow must find a solution because it is a little bit difficult to handle the forward addresses.

poljakov wrote:

it's right for the iRedMail only, but not for the integrated RoundCube.

I guess you mean sieve filters.

The sieve filters are stored in file on file system, Dovecot doesn't support storing sieve rules in SQL db (but SOGo does store sieve rules in SQL db, then dump to file)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
poljakov wrote:

it's right for the iRedMail only, but not for the integrated RoundCube.

I guess you mean sieve filters.

The sieve filters are stored in file on file system, Dovecot doesn't support storing sieve rules in SQL db (but SOGo does store sieve rules in SQL db, then dump to file)

Thank you.