1 (edited by drubadix 2016-06-19 02:58:51)

Topic: No Connection to DB in FreeBSD 10.3 Jail

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): iRedMail-0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): All
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi folks,

i tried to install iRedMail with all backends available with no success. I always end up with roundcube no access to DB/Backend and reaching nginx no gateway for iredadmin. I was able to manually connect to MariaDB and MySQL, services were always running. Host system (outside jail) is configured with pf firewall and nat for jails. Jails have web access and i was able to reach nginx inside jail from outside public domain.

I don't know what i should try more...

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Tried a fresh jail install with Nginx + MySQL and again at the last part of iRedMail Configuration there's this error:

"ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'private.jail.nat.ip' (60)

private.jail.nat.ip is the IP of the Jail, it's not the public IP of the VPS, it's an IP of the 172.16.0.0... range and also the substitution of the IP from the tutorial: LOCAL_ADDRESS='172.16.244.254' bash iRedMail.sh. I think MySQL is only listening on 127.0.0.1 of course, but i don't know what i have to change to get this working?

Are there also problems with nginx on FreeBSD?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: No Connection to DB in FreeBSD 10.3 Jail

Please help verify some items:

*) After iRedMail installation, is MySQL service listening on 127.0.0.1 or the Jail IP (172.16.x.x)?
*) You mentioned you can connect to MySQL server, does it work if you specify '-h <IP>' while connecting? e.g.

mysql -h <IP> -u root -p

*) Show me output of SQL commands below:

sql> USE mysql;
sql> SELECT User,Host from users;

Re: No Connection to DB in FreeBSD 10.3 Jail

Thanks for your answer. I guess the solution was to allow traffic via pf on lo1 (Interface of the jail) with "pass quick on lo1 all".
Installed with Apache and it worked, then installed again with nginx, works just fine. Hail iRedMail!

drubadix