Topic: Global Adressbook with Active Directory + SOGo - Is it available?

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): iRedMail-0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Windows 2003 Active Directory
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: as follows...
====

Hi.
   Now that I've managed to use Outlook with ActiveSync, I am struggling to make Global Adressbook defined in SOGo to show up in Outlook.

Here's my SOGo.conf Global Addressbook:

SOGoUserSources = (
        {
            type = ldap;
            hostname = "ldap://myADserver.mydomain";
            baseDN = "CN=users,DC=mydomain";
            //bindAsCurrentUser = YES;
            bindDN = "ADuserforbind@mydomain";
            bindPassword = "ADuserforbind_passwd";
            filter = "((memberOf='CN=Group with users members only,CN=Users,DC=mydomain' AND NOT useraccountcontrol:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:='2') OR (memberOf='CN=Group with Groups members only,CN=Users,DC=mydomain'))";
            scope = SUB;

// The algorithm used for password encryption when changing
            // passwords without Password Policies enabled.
            // Possible values are: plain, crypt, md5-crypt, ssha, ssha512.
            userPasswordAlgorithm = plain;

IDFieldName = cn;
            bindFields = (sAMAccountName);
            CNFieldName = cn;
            // value of UID field must be unique on whole server.
            UIDFieldName = sAMAccountName;
            IMAPLoginFieldName = mail;
            SearchFieldNames = (cn, sn, displayName, mail, otherMailbox, name);
            canAuthenticate = YES;
            displayName = "My Global Catalog";
            id = directory;
            isAddressBook = YES;
        }
    )

It works perfectly in SOGo web interface, but I just don't know how to make it work with Outlook 2013 (if it is possible at all).

In this meantime, if I find out how, I'll post it here as usual.

Thank you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Global Adressbook with Active Directory + SOGo - Is it available?

As far as i know, global address book is not explored via carddav. I suggest post this to SOGo mailing list instead to get support from SOGo developers.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

As far as i know, global address book is not explored via carddav. I suggest post this to SOGo mailing list instead to get support from SOGo developers.

Yeap... I'm affraid that you are right about it. I've found a way to do it, but it depends on some Active Directory structure, using Outlook LDAP Address Book. I didn't like it too much, one reason is that it's necessary to put users in a separeted container, this is to avoid the entire users list to show up in address book, so only those who should be displayed in LDAP Address book would be in this separated container (confusing, I know, it's just that I don't know how to explain in a different way). Another "problem" is that it doesn't support groups. It's a pitty, because Global Address Book is an essential feature in a Corporate e-mail solution (IMHO).

I'll keep on looking, and if I find something I'll post it here.

Regards.

4 (edited by zuotoski 2016-06-29 01:15:40)

I've found a way to sync Active Directory (LDAP) GlobalAddress book between SOGo and Outlook. This is not the way that I'd like it to work, because I'd like an Outlook native integration, but that will do for now:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/outloo … chronizer/

It is a freen CalDav/Cardav synchronizer for Outlook. It supports Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007.

It is installed as an Outlook extension, and also shows in taskbar.

Here is my configuration that worked to sync the GAB:

Outlook folder: [my outlook contacts folder]
DAV Url: https://mySOGoserver/SOGo/dav/MySOGoserver_user/Contacts/directory/ (directory is the {SOGoUserSources id} inside my Sogo.conf file)
Username: [SogoUserName]
Password: [SogoUserName_passwd]

Click OK, it will show a message saying that your address book is read only, so the synchronization will happen only from Server to Outlook (Outlook won't be able to update the Global Address Book, which is what I wanted).