==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  CentOS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

In case I create user "jub@myhome.com" then create aliases to "phonthep@myhome.com". Event I compose or reply mail, is possible use aliases address "phonthep@myhome.com". Please check for us. Thank you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Question about aliase account?

Seems you just want to specify a different 'From:' address, not sending email (smtp auth) as this user. Am i right?
If this is correct, please add multiple identities in Roundcube (Settings -> Identities), then you can choose different sender while composing email.

is possible to use smtp auth for this case?

SMTP auth as which alias address?

I'm so sorry that i'm a little confused with your explanation (my poor english). Let me parse it again:

deknoy wrote:

In case I create user "jub@myhome.com" then create aliases to "phonthep@myhome.com". Event I compose or reply mail, is possible use aliases address "phonthep@myhome.com". Please check for us. Thank you.

- You create a mail user 'jub@'
- You create a mail alias account "phonthep@". (or, do you mean a per-user alias address?)
- You're 'jub@' but want to send email as "phonthep@". Am i correct?

About your explanation, "is possible use aliases address "phonthep@myhome.com"", do you mean specify "phonthep@" as sender in mail header 'From:', or do smtp auth as "phonthep@" and sent out the email/reply?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- You create a mail alias account "phonthep@". (or, do you mean a per-user alias address?)
- You're 'jub@' but want to send email as "phonthep@".   Am i correct?
   Answer : yes

About your explanation, "is possible use aliases address "phonthep@myhome.com"", do you mean specify "phonthep@" as sender in mail header 'From:', or do smtp auth as "phonthep@" and sent out the email/reply?

Answer : I mean specify "phonthep@" as sender mail header 'From'. I have tried to choose different sender but found error below. If me wrong please correct me.

Error 'SMTP Error (554): Failed to add recipient "phonthep@" (5.7.1 <test@>: Recipient address rejected: Sender is not same as SMTP authenticate username).'

The error is caused by iRedAPD plugin 'reject_sender_login_mismatch'. iRedMail doesn't allow user to send as a different user by default.

If you want to allow few users to do this, please list them all in iRedAPD config file, parameter 'ALLOWED_LOGIN_MISMATCH_SENDERS' like this:

ALLOWED_LOGIN_MISMATCH_SENDERS = ['user1@domain.com', 'domain2.com']

Check comment lines in file /opt/iredapd/libs/default_settings.py will give you more options and details.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

The error is caused by iRedAPD plugin 'reject_sender_login_mismatch'. iRedMail doesn't allow user to send as a different user by default.

If you want to allow few users to do this, please list them all in iRedAPD config file, parameter 'ALLOWED_LOGIN_MISMATCH_SENDERS' like this:

ALLOWED_LOGIN_MISMATCH_SENDERS = ['user1@domain.com', 'domain2.com']

Check comment lines in file /opt/iredapd/libs/default_settings.py will give you more options and details.

I need allow this in /opt/iredapd/setting.py, Right? If I used AdminPro version also same place right? If yes, it doesn't work. Please correct me if me wrong. Thank you.

Please show us what you changed.

Did you read the comment lines in "libs/default_settings.py" for parameters which start with 'ALLOWED_' ?

done. I'm forgot parameter "ALLOWED_LOGIN_MISMATCH_LIST_MEMBER = True". Thank you.