1 (edited by mpaska 2010-08-05 14:38:09)

Topic: Pipe email to command

Hey,

First post! I've done a heap of searching and looks like no-one has ever asked anything similar.

Has anyone with the LDAP backend got an alias to pipe to a local command? I'm setting up Request-Tracker, have rt-mailgate compiled and working on the iRedMail mail server and it successfully works if I pipe email directly into it but having no luck with aliases.

Such far I've attempted to modify /etc/aliases to:

rt-test: "|/opt/local/rt3/rt-mailgate --queue 'rt-test' --action correspond --url http://url"

Which postfix should be reading:

iredmail-test-1:/etc/postfix# postconf | grep aliases
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases

Then in our LDAP server I am struggling to find a method that works when creating a mailAlias object under my virtual domain.

I've even tried to create /etc/postfix/aliases with the following:

rt-test      rt-test@virtual.domain

And plugged hash:/etc/postfix/aliases at the start of virtual_alias_maps in main.cf:

virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases, proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_alias_maps.cf, proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_group_maps.cf, proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/sender_login_maps.cf, proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/catch_all_maps.cf

Anyone got any ideas at what I am missing?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Pipe email to command

mpaska wrote:

Hey,

Such far I've attempted to modify /etc/aliases to:

rt-test: "|/opt/local/rt3/rt-mailgate --queue 'rt-test' --action correspond --url http://url"

Then in our LDAP server I am struggling to find a method that works when creating a mailAlias object under my virtual domain.

I've even tried to create /etc/postfix/aliases with the following:

rt-test      rt-test@virtual.domain

Anyone got any ideas at what I am missing?

Hi,

How about put the rt-test@virtual.domain rt-test in the virtual map?  Then rt-test: "|your wrapper" in your aliases file.   Don't forget to postmap both files and reload postfix.