==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 15.10
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Whenever I tried to send mails (locally & externally), the said mails are getting delivered but without attachments.

I have tried to send mails with attachments size from 1KB to 2MB (.txt, .pdf, .doc, .xls) but non of the attachments are getting delivered.

Kindly suggest.

Thank You

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Attachments not working

*) Did you get any bounce message after sending those emails?
*) Any related log in Postfix log file?

No bounce back

The mails are getting delivered but without attachments.

No error message

Thanks..

*) If email was blocked by your server (due to banned attachment file type, or other reason), you will get a bounce message, or you will see related log in Postfix log file. But you don't have either.

*) You mentioned "no error message", actually, we don't expect an "error" message in this case, we expect some kind of banned or reject message. It's better to show us FULL log related to your testing email.

*) If no bounce message, no reject/banned in Postfix log file, i'm afraid that it might be a MUA issue, it didn't correctly attach your file. Which MUA do you use? Outlook, thunderbird, or others?

Hi,

Let me elaborate.

I am using roundcube web mail with user1@example.com and sending the message to user2@example.com (both roundcube web), message content getting deliverd minus attachment.

I tried user1@example.com to user1@gmail.com, same: message getting deliverd minus attachment.

Other way.. user1@gmail.com to user1@example.com, getting message minus attachment.

within local domain I received messages minus attachment.

Everything is working only attachments are not working.

Please guide me how to get the Postfix log file.

Thanks.

I cannot reproduce this issue.

Do you have any third-party spam filter for your mail server? (not the ones shipped in iRedMail itself)

Hi Zhang,

I haven't installed any 3rd Party Spam,

Whatever is mentioned in this URL, I have followed the same procedure and no extra installation.

http://www.iredmail.org/docs/install.ir … buntu.html

I have no idea why attachment was removed for every email. Does it happen to only one user, or all users on this server?

Hi Zhang,

This is happening with all users @example.com,

Even if i try to send mail locally (same domain) or to gmail & from gmail with attachment> I am getting mail without attachment.

But the attachment is showing in SENT BOX of sender

I tried with TXT, DOC, XLS (around 100KB size) still no luck.

I am very confused now.

Thanks.

Anand

Did you change any Postfix and Amavisd settings?

Also, i want to repeat the mail flow in this case:

*) If email was blocked by your server (due to banned attachment file type, or other reason), you will get a bounce message, or you will see related log in Postfix log file. But you don't have either.

*) You mentioned "no error message", actually, we don't expect an "error" message in this case, we expect some kind of banned or reject message. It's better to show us FULL log related to your testing email.

I have added only 1 line related to Relay server in /etc/postfix./main.cf

Others settings are un-touched

Thanks,

Anand

Does your relay server strip the attachment?

No,

We have purchased the SMTP relay server and it does not strip the attachments.

Anand

I have no idea at all. sorry.
The point is, iRedMail doesn't configure any component to strip attachment. So if you have any third-party relay server or spam/virus filter integrated, please check them too.