Topic: Migrate from Mdaemon to iRedMail?

Hi, great distribution that came across by accident.
I have a question, someone there has migrated from Mdaemon to iRedMail?
If anyone has experience or ideas would be grateful if you shared. It is about 80 users who want to transfer to this wonderful mailserver.
Greetings, Mitko

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Migrate from Mdaemon to iRedMail?

You can try to use 'imapsync' to migrate mailboxes, but i'm not familiar with migrating MDaemon users. Sorry.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can try to use 'imapsync' to migrate mailboxes, but i'm not familiar with migrating MDaemon users. Sorry.

Thanks for the tips. I'm not benefited until now imapsync, but will look for information. Mdaemon accounts on exports to maintain format *. csv, but iredmail there a way how to import generated file?
Thanks in advance.

Take a look iRedMail-x.y.z/tools/create_mail_user_*

5 (edited by dtrdimi 2010-08-04 14:40:42)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Take a look iRedMail-x.y.z/tools/create_mail_user_*

I managed to assign users with passwords and also managed to transfer the mailboxes and the content with imapsync. Thanks for the guidelines.
But I have another problem. Problem is following gives an example - the old server with new domain domainold.com domainnew.com In the old consumers were simple in the new names are name@domainold.com and new mailserver is name.surname@domainnew.com.

The question is how do I create an alias or virtual domain with the old user names but to point to new and according to the mailboxes?
Thanks for answers and advice.

P.S. If there is anything unclear in the description - ask.

Do you mean domain alias? If you use MySQL backend, you can create domain alias with PostfixAdmin (>=2.3). If you use OpenLDAP backend, domain alias will be available in iRedAdmin-Pro-1.3.0.

Sorry that i'm confused about your description. sad

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do you mean domain alias? If you use MySQL backend, you can create domain alias with PostfixAdmin (>=2.3). If you use OpenLDAP backend, domain alias will be available in iRedAdmin-Pro-1.3.0.

Sorry that i'm confused about your description. sad

Only in this way with you iRedAdmin-Pro? PostfixAdmin administered only MySql but not Ldap. Another question - how to backup the current installation and eventually restore it to another fresh installation iRedMail?

Thanks

8 (edited by dtrdimi 2010-08-08 15:16:21)

For me no problem to pay $ 99 but will I be able to accomplish what I want in particular - user@domain1.com and user.user@domain2.com the same password to receive mail in one place and no matter which of the two users to login to read the post? From the above posts I have given an example of what I want to realize. Thank you.

dtrdimi wrote:

Only in this way with you iRedAdmin-Pro? PostfixAdmin administered only MySql but not Ldap. Another question - how to backup the current installation and eventually restore it to another fresh installation iRedMail?

Of course you can manage LDAP data with phpLDAPadmin or Apache Directory Studio, etc.

dtrdimi wrote:

For me no problem to pay $ 99 but will I be able to accomplish what I want in particular - user@domain1.com and user.user@domain2.com the same password to receive mail in one place and no matter which of the two users to login to read the post? From the above posts I have given an example of what I want to realize. Thank you.

Is this what you want?
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic197- … ution.html