==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Nope
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

For anyone having issues upgrading from SOGo v2 to v3...
I was having the same issue as this person from this closed thread:
SOGo 3.0.1

I found out that performing an uninstall did not remove everything.  I had to manually remove files related to sogo.
Some examples include:

/var/lib/sogo
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/sogod.service
/usr/share/doc/sogo
/usr/lib64/GNUstep/Frameworks/SOGo.framework/Versions/2/sogo
/var/log/sogo

There may be more files that need to be deleted.  You can search for files owned by the sogo user.  This helped me find what I needed. 

find / -uid `cat /etc/passwd |grep sogo |cut -d ':' -f 3`

I then reinstalled following the steps in the above mentioned post.  Then, I restored the 2 files (mentioned in the post) and I also had to restore the Apache config file.  I restarted Apache and SOGo and all was good again. 

That got everything working.  Looks good but a tad bit more sluggish.  Worth it, I think...

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SOGo v3 upgrade

Several similar issues were reported to SOGo mailing list, but seems it was not fixed ...

bloke wrote:

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Nope
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

For anyone having issues upgrading from SOGo v2 to v3...
I was having the same issue as this person from this closed thread:
SOGo 3.0.1

I found out that performing an uninstall did not remove everything.  I had to manually remove files related to sogo.
Some examples include:

/var/lib/sogo
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/sogod.service
/usr/share/doc/sogo
/usr/lib64/GNUstep/Frameworks/SOGo.framework/Versions/2/sogo
/var/log/sogo

There may be more files that need to be deleted.  You can search for files owned by the sogo user.  This helped me find what I needed. 

find / -uid `cat /etc/passwd |grep sogo |cut -d ':' -f 3`

I then reinstalled following the steps in the above mentioned post.  Then, I restored the 2 files (mentioned in the post) and I also had to restore the Apache config file.  I restarted Apache and SOGo and all was good again. 

That got everything working.  Looks good but a tad bit more sluggish.  Worth it, I think...

Thanks for the update! I haven't tried a re-install yet but will definitely give it a try later when some of these issues are solved.

Can someone post the content/structure of /etc/sysconfig/sogo on Centos 7 system? I would like to try and get Sogo 3 installed on our server, but don't have a backup of this file from v2.

Just 2 parameters in /etc/sysconfig/sogo, and they're commented out by default.
iRedMail updated one of them: PREFORK=10

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Just 2 parameters in /etc/sysconfig/sogo, and they're commented out by default.
iRedMail updated one of them: PREFORK=10

Thanks Zhang. Installed and working correctly.

I had to upgrade to the v3 nightly build to resolve an issue with html email + IOS.  Did you have a similar issue?

bloke wrote:

I had to upgrade to the v3 nightly build to resolve an issue with html email + IOS.  Did you have a similar issue?

I haven't noticed this issue yet. I will check if any of our iOS users are having problems.

I just tried the upgrade using the steps here:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/upgrade.sogo.2.to.3.html

I had some issues initially. After the install, ActiveSync was not working, and I realized the install replaced the Apache SOGo.conf file in /etc/apache2/conf-available. In this file the ProxyPass statement for the ActiveSync directory was commented out.

That got it working, but I noticed another issue in the config file:

On the original one modified by the iRedMail installer, the following lines were deleted:
<IfModule headers_module>

</IfModule>

This caused some "RequestHeader" statements to be outside of the <IfModule headers_module> container.

I was having problems with some messages on iOS devices not downloading the message content (but able to download the headers) and this hasn't happened since I added that back in.