Topic: Some Questions from newbie

Server based on Ubuntu 12 and iRedAdmin     v0.2.2 (MySQL)

1. Can i update Ubuntu to latest version, iredmail will be work? or if i update only iredmail, he is will be work on ubuntu 12?

2. Can i make adress sharing in thunderbird on my Mysql working mail server?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Some Questions from newbie

mitzury wrote:

It must be a very old iRedMail release. Could you please show us content of file /etc/iredmail-release?

mitzury wrote:

1. Can i update Ubuntu to latest version, iredmail will be work? or if i update only iredmail, he is will be work on ubuntu 12?

I don't think it will work.

*) Upgrading Ubuntu from 12.04 to 16.04 may break several softwares used by mail services.
*) Ubuntu 12.04 ships Dovecot-2.0.x, The latest Ubuntu 16.04 ships 2.2.x, there's some configuration changes you need to upgrade. FYI: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Upgrading/

It's better to migrate it to a new iRedMail server with the latest Ubuntu and iRedMail.

mitzury wrote:

No.

3 (edited by mitzury 2016-05-18 00:07:42)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
mitzury wrote:

It must be a very old iRedMail release. Could you please show us content of file /etc/iredmail-release?

mitzury wrote:

I don't think it will work.

*) Upgrading Ubuntu from 12.04 to 16.04 may break several softwares used by mail services.
*) Ubuntu 12.04 ships Dovecot-2.0.x, The latest Ubuntu 16.04 ships 2.2.x, there's some configuration changes you need to upgrade. FYI: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Upgrading/

It's better to migrate it to a new iRedMail server with the latest Ubuntu and iRedMail.

mitzury wrote:

No.

thanks
But i will can migrate to new LDAP, from my old MySQL server? Your site has  guide ?

mitzury wrote:

But i will can migrate to new LDAP, from my old MySQL server? Your site has  guide ?

Unfortunately, no.

You can compare SQL/LDAP users, and write some simple shell/python/... scripts to convert them.