Topic: RoundCube files owner issues

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4 (latest)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL (MariaDB)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: N/A
====

Hi,

My current Apache configuration uses per-website based users.  For example, exmpl1 manages example1.com and exmpl2 manages example2.com, this is described at the top of the websites respective .conf file located in /etc/apache2/sites-available/~.  My issue however, is that the following error is output by RoundCube;

CONFIGURATION ERROR
config.inc.php was not found.
Please read the INSTALL instructions!

This is obviously due to the fact that some files are owned by the www-data user and as such the exmpl1 and exmpl2 users cannot read these files.  Since I run multiple sites I cannot simply set the owners of these files to exmpl1 since then the this would not fix the issue on example2.com/mail (and vice verse).

Any suggestions on correcting this issue?

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: RoundCube files owner issues

If you don't want to multiple Roundcube instances, you may try to set multiple owners for Roundcube config file with command 'setfacl'.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  I was trying to avoid changing any of the permissions for RoundCube file if possible.  Would wouldn't happen to know if there would be some way Apache can be configured to only use a particular user in a certain directory?

dwilson390 wrote:

Would wouldn't happen to know if there would be some way Apache can be configured to only use a particular user in a certain directory?

Default setup is:

*) Roundcube files are owned by root.
*) "temp", "logs" directories are owned by Apache daemon user/group, so that end user can attach files while composing email.
*) Roundcube config files are owned by Apache daemon user/group.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
dwilson390 wrote:

Would wouldn't happen to know if there would be some way Apache can be configured to only use a particular user in a certain directory?

Default setup is:

*) Roundcube files are owned by root.
*) "temp", "logs" directories are owned by Apache daemon user/group, so that end user can attach files while composing email.
*) Roundcube config files are owned by Apache daemon user/group.

Thanks.  Is is possible to set User and Group directives in Apache which are only used when Apache accesses /opt/roundcube (setting this in the conf-available/roundcube.conf is over ridden by the fact I have different users used in sites-available/<domain.tld>.conf

The permission control is not set in Apache config file, it should be set on Roundcube config file.