1 (edited by risturiz 2009-12-27 01:55:59)

Topic: Spam management?

Actually i´m testing iredmail with some accounts, but some spam arrive to inbox...How you manage this? whitelist/blacklist? change amavis config? any way to mark the spam for future similar email?

Another thing is "spamd" don´t run auto... I have to start the service manual (i also edited /etc/default/spamassassin -> ENABLED=1) Know issue?

Thanks.

2

Re: Spam management?

risturiz wrote:

Actually i´m testing iredmail with some accounts, but some spam arrive to inbox..

You should enable debug in amavisd, so that you can know why it happened.

risturiz wrote:

How you manage this? whitelist/blacklist? change amavis config? any way to mark the spam for future similar email?

You have to integrate amavisd with LDAP/SQL, store whitelist/blacklist in LDAP/MYSQL.

risturiz wrote:

Another thing is "spamd" don´t run auto... I have to start the service manual (i also edited /etc/default/spamassassin -> ENABLED=1) Know issue?

SpamAssassin will be invoked by Amavisd, so we don't need to start spamd daemon.
Default setting of spamassassin in iRedMail is correct.

3

Re: Spam management?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You should enable debug in amavisd, so that you can know why it happened.

Ok, i´m gona do more tests and see what happen.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You have to integrate amavisd with LDAP/SQL, store whitelist/blacklist in LDAP/MYSQL.

Ok, but how you manage this? If one spam arrive to my inbox i only need to mark? Actually with rouncube i can´t (i think there is a plugin for this).

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

SpamAssassin will be invoked by Amavisd, so we don't need to start spamd daemon.
Default setting of spamassassin in iRedMail is correct.

How do you know spamd is working? i mean, i don´t see it in logs nor e-mail tags... Any way to test it?

Thanks for your help.

4

Re: Spam management?

risturiz wrote:

Ok, but how you manage this? If one spam arrive to my inbox i only need to mark? Actually with rouncube i can´t (i think there is a plugin for this).

iRedMail doesn't ship any plugin for roundcube yet.

risturiz wrote:

How do you know spamd is working? i mean, i don´t see it in logs nor e-mail tags... Any way to test it?

Why not try to debug amavisd first? it will log some spamassassin related info in log file, such as loading SpamAssassin.

5 (edited by AlexVamp 2010-01-10 04:52:36)

Re: Spam management?

I installed IRedMail for more than 11000 users and they complain to me that not a lot of letters did not come. In fact, they are deleted as SPAM. Please'll show how it can be controlled?

6

Re: Spam management?

Spams will be delivered to mailboxes with iRedMail default settings. What do you mean 'not a lot of letters did not come'?

7

Re: Spam management?

I beg your pardon. messages are delivered properly - I just do not properly understand their users. They complained that the correspondence with the normal address still gets in the spam. how to be in this situation? I think you understand it is not possible for 11,000 users to the general white list.

8

Re: Spam management?

i  have that problem as well ..
no matter i try to send mail from gamil .. or from my company mail server
the server shown that there was unknown domain and rejected by policyd ... etc

and i can see a funny thing from maillog , when i first sent a mail to iredmail , it won't be receiving it , but when i sent the mail again , it's work..     if there any suggestion for me to tuning the plocyd ?

Regards
Eric

9

Re: Spam management?

AlexVamp wrote:

They complained that the correspondence with the normal address still gets in the spam.

@AlexVamp, You should analytic emails, from mail log files, mail headers, etc, find out why it happened.

@bluesunhk, this is greylisting. You can turn it off in policyd config file.