Topic: iredapd upgrade fr 1.3.8 to 1.8.0

I'm finally getting around to upgrading my iredapd, which had been disabled since v1.3.8 in favor of cluebringer.

Follwed the 1.3.x upgrade instructions to update settings.py ... however, the instructions don't mention this section of the new config file:

# iRedAPD database, used for greylisting, throttle.
iredapd_db_server = '127.0.0.1'
iredapd_db_port = '5432'
iredapd_db_name = 'iredapd'
iredapd_db_user = 'iredapd'
iredapd_db_password = 'password'

So, it looks like I need to create this database and user. Instructions, please?

cluebringer_db_host = '127.0.0.1'
cluebringer_db_port = 3306
cluebringer_db_name = 'cluebringer'
cluebringer_db_user = 'root'
cluebringer_db_password = ''

Is the cluebringer config *instead of* the iredapd database? Or in addition to?

Thanks.

PostGresQL backend on RHEL6/64.

Also, in the cluebringer migration, it talks about:

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iredapd upgrade fr 1.3.8 to 1.8.0

dwbotsch wrote:

So, it looks like I need to create this database and user. Instructions, please?

Did you find these settings in iRedAPD config file, or /opt/iRedAPD-1.8.0/tools/migrate_cluebringer_*?

iRedAPD doesn't query Cluebringer database itself, so no such settings in /opt/iredapd/settings.py.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
dwbotsch wrote:

Did you find these settings in iRedAPD config file, or /opt/iRedAPD-1.8.0/tools/migrate_cluebringer_*?

iRedAPD doesn't query Cluebringer database itself, so no such settings in /opt/iredapd/settings.py.

Actually, those settings are in the iredadmin config file.

But, both the iredadmin and iredapd config files have settings for a currently non-existant iredapd database.

The upgrade script shipped in iRedAPD-1.8.0 will ask you to type SQL root username and password and create sql db "iredapd" automatically. Did you see the message?

If not, you can still create sql db "iredapd" manually with SQL template file /opt/iRedAPD-1.8.0/SQL/iredapd.mysql (or iredapd.pgsql for PostgreSQL).

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

The upgrade script shipped in iRedAPD-1.8.0 will ask you to type SQL root username and password and create sql db "iredapd" automatically. Did you see the message?

If not, you can still create sql db "iredapd" manually with SQL template file /opt/iRedAPD-1.8.0/SQL/iredapd.mysql (or iredapd.pgsql for PostgreSQL).

Did I miss something in these instructions?

http://www.iredmail.org/docs/upgrade.old.iredapd.html

I dont' see any mention of an upgrade script, there.

thanks.

Was going straight from 1.3.8 to 1.8.0 .

The upgrade script check whether you have settings "iredapd_db_* =" in old settings.py, if not, it prompts you to type MySQL root user and password and create it automatically. I guess you already have "iredapd_db_*" before upgrading.

Anyway, you can still create sql db "iredapd" manually with SQL template file /opt/iRedAPD-1.8.0/SQL/iredapd.mysql (or iredapd.pgsql for PostgreSQL).