Topic: Default Throttling Limits

Is there any way to set the default throttling limits for each newly created domain yet?

We want every new domain we add to be throttled to say 250 per hour sending limit (in case any of them are compromised) but currently we have to set this every time we add a domain.

Any way to have a default limit?

I asked a similar question 2 years ago, just wondered if there has been any progress

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Default Throttling Limits

Unfortunately, we didn't implement this yet.

Currently, throttling is implemented with iRedAPD, with a per-domain throttle setting, it just applies to each individual under this domain, not the whole domain. For example, if you set a per-domain throttling to 250 emails per hour, it means each user under this domain can send 250 emails per hour, not all users under this domain can send 250 emails in total (no matter who sent the emails) per hour.

Does it match your need? If yes, i will try to implement this in future release.

yes, so each time we create a domain we can set the default throttle limit per user? that is okay for now.

It would be helpful if we could set a global default for all newly created domains (in case we forget to do it, we know it is set automatically)

It sounds like you need a global throttling (in iRedAdmin-Pro: System -> Anti Spam -> Throttle).

With a global throttling, it applies too each mail user hosted on your server.

yes, this is exactly what i was looking for. i didn't realise that was there. thanks for pointing me in the right direction.