Topic: Mail Relay through ISP

Hello everyone, I have setup and configured iRedMail 0.6.0 and have everything working except email sending. I need to send my external email through my ISP (Comcast). I have searched the forums and online for any help. I have found a few guides (http://justatheory.com/computers/mail/p … mcast.html), but nothing has been able to allow me to send an email to a gmail account or other external accounts. I will get "550 5.1.0 Authentication required" every time even though everything appears to be configured properly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mail Relay through ISP

Search postfix setting "relayhost"

3 (edited by tstraus13 2010-07-24 21:30:35)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Search postfix setting "relayhost"

As I stated before I followed the guide posted in the link and I have placed the relayhost setting in my postfix config. It still will not send emails to external addresses.

Please post related maillog here, and what you did

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please post related maillog here, and what you did

This is the error I receive "host smtp.comcast.net[76.96.62.117] said: 550 5.1.0 Authentication required (in reply to MAIL FROM command)." What other logs do you want? What I did was in the link in the original post.

Most cases require 'relayhost' only, i can't find what the matter is with your iredmail server, you'd better to contact your ISP to get help.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Most cases require 'relayhost' only, i can't find what the matter is with your iredmail server, you'd better to contact your ISP to get help.

My ISP is Comcast and it requires authentication, that is the problem. I cannot figure out how to send the authentication I assume, from the error I am getting.

Seems postfix "relayhost" can't perform user authentication, that's the problem.
I suggest you mail/call your ISP to get help directly.

9 (edited by NarinNil 2010-07-31 21:05:36)

i'm install iredmail 0.6.0 on ubuntu 9.10
in /etc/postfix/main.cf search for relay_host
set to relay_host = smtp.your_isp.com
and then restart postfix it's work for me wink

or easy way install webmin for your linux distro
and then setup in postfix server section wink