- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

I would like to seek your guidance on how to implement or migrate my global address book from iredmail/roundcube to outlook. I have implemented the globaladdressbook on roundcube and it works fine. However, for users who are accessing the server through outlook as preference as not able to view the global address book from roundcube.

I've read that LDAP can be configured but I couldn't find a decent guide for the implementation. Can I still implement LDAP even if I've chosen MySQL during the installation of iRedmail?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Allan

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Global Address Book Configuration towards Outlook

Several possible solutions:

1) If your Outlook support CardDAV service, the easiest solution might be setting up SOGo groupware to offer CardDAV service as address book.

2) If Outlook doesn't support CardDAV:

2.1) Install OpenLDAP on your server, then write some script to sync mail accounts from MySQL to OpenLDAP, then setup Outlook to use OpenLDAP as global LDAP address book.

2.2) Setup a new iRedMail server with OpenLDAP backend, migrate current server to this new server.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Several possible solutions:

1) If your Outlook support CardDAV service, the easiest solution might be setting up SOGo groupware to offer CardDAV service as address book.

2) If Outlook doesn't support CardDAV:

2.1) Install OpenLDAP on your server, then write some script to sync mail accounts from MySQL to OpenLDAP, then setup Outlook to use OpenLDAP as global LDAP address book.

2.2) Setup a new iRedMail server with OpenLDAP backend, migrate current server to this new server.

Hi Zhang,

I believe we have installed SOGo groupware when we installed iRedmail. I am checking right now because we haven't used it. Shall I just add email addresses of users inside this one? Shall this co-exist with the global address book from roundcube or I need to disable global address book from roundcube?

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,
Allan

If you have SOGo installed, then try to add CardDAV service in Outlook. CalDAV and CardDAV server addresses:

https://<server>/SOGo/dav/<full email address>

5 (edited by apgargar 2016-03-30 12:33:03)

Can you guide me on how to add CalDAV or CardDAV in outlook?
I am still new to this configuration.

Thank you very much.

Does your Outlook support CardDAV?

Hi Zhang,

May I know how to check this one please? I am currently using Outlook 2013.
Thank you very much for your kind support.

Please follow our tutorial to setup Outlook 2013 for Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/activesync.outlook.html

Hi Zhang,

We have already integrated iRedmail last year with Outlook 2013. But I am not yet familiar on how to enable CardDAV/CalDAV. Please bear with me.

Thank you very much for the reference guide.

By following the tutorial, you setup Outlook 2013 to connect to server through ActiveSync protocol, outlook should sync Calendar, Contacts, Tasks automatically.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

By following the tutorial, you setup Outlook 2013 to connect to server through ActiveSync protocol, outlook should sync Calendar, Contacts, Tasks automatically.

But when I click on Address Book there is nothing inside. On the server I installed the globaladdressbook plugin so it is now working on roundcube. But for outlook, I don't have anything inside the Address Book.

However, Calendar is working properly.

My mistake. SOGo offers CardDAV as a personal address book by default.

The global address book offered by SOGo is not available in CardDAV service, and seems some carddav clients just sync the default (one) address book, not even sync other address books owned by the user.

Hi Zhang,

So the only options left is the openLDAP? smile
We have to give a deep thought about it as it will need for us to create a new mail server and do the migration.

Thank you for your full support on this issue .

We're available to help if you need some assistance:
http://www.iredmail.org/support.html

Hi,
I just found the solution for displaying global address book in Outlook using Outlook CalDav Synchronization
1. Create New PST File to keep Global Address Book
2. Install Outlook Caldav synchronization
3. configure with your credential
4. When you klik *Test or discover setting* it will prompt Personal Address Book or Global Address Book, then klik OK.

It will show global address book in your Outlook

Post's attachments

domain address book.png
domain address book.png 29.76 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.