Topic: IRedMail Mail gateway for a domain

Hi

I have an issue here:

I have on my IRedMail server 2 domains and for more then 6 months everything went perfectly and i have reduced spam by ALOT.

Now my boss wants to use it to filter mails that come on our main domain, but keeping the exchange server. So basically he wants to change the mx to send the mails to the mail server and forward to the exchange mail server.

Can someone please help me with this problem? How can i forward mails to the other mail server?

Also the other 2 domains must remain on this server.

I know that i could set up something like domain.com smtp:mail.domain.com, but do i have to add all the existing mail accounts in the mysql database?

If there is a way not to add the mail accounts in the mysql database, won't that make the server vulnerable to attacks like trying to send mails to domain.com from user@domain.com?

If anyone has a working solution please let me know

Thank you

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: IRedMail Mail gateway for a domain

I'm not so familiar with MS Exchange

Where does it store mail accounts? in Active Directory? If yes, you can make Postfix (iRedMail) query Active Directory to get account list directly.

You can also install try ASSP (http://assp.sourceforge.net/) on a separate server witch is a spam filter proxy.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I'm not so familiar with MS Exchange

Where does it store mail accounts? in Active Directory? If yes, you can make Postfix (iRedMail) query Active Directory to get account list directly.

How can i make postfix query active directory?

Active Directory is a LDAP server, querying AD with standard LDAP protocol is ok.

I have added the new domain with the postfix admin interface, checked/unchecked backup MX
Created the transport map :

domain.com    smtp:mail.domain.com

In main.cf:

transport_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_transport_maps_user.cf, hash:/etc/postfix/transport, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_transport_maps_domain.cf

I have configured all the clients that exist on the exchange server via postfix admin

Still when i send a mail to any accounts from a domain which is already on this mail server it delivers it locally via dovecot sad(

Anyone got a tip for me?