Topic: Manage Intranet and Internet Mailing with iRedAdmin-Pro

Hi

I have two domains internal.com and external.com (not actual domains). internal.com users should not send mails to external world and external.com should not have any restrictions.

I have full featured iRedAdmin-Pro installed on my machine with the latest iRedAPD. I have tried all the settings to restrict the Recipients per user but they did not work.

Can you please help ?

Thanks
Rajesh

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Manage Intranet and Internet Mailing with iRedAdmin-Pro

First, please make sure you have iRedAPD installed and correctly configured. The most important config is postfix setting in main.cf.
Order of restrictions in smtpd_sender_restrictions and smtpd_recipient_restrictions is important.

Second, you can first test only one user, if this works, you can config other accounts.

May i know what you tested before? How you set with iRedAdmin-Pro, etc.

Hi Zhang

Firstly I have downloaded iRedMail and installed on my machine. Then I have ordered for iRedAdmin-Pro and upgraded as instructed in http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic466- … ition.html (I hope this is right).

Now I see all the features for iRedAdmin-Pro. Similarly I have upgraded my iRedAPD from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2. I have followed the link http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … D/OpenLDAP to upgrade iRedAPD.

Then I have created a user in my domain and I have selected the user and clicked the restrictions. In the Recipient Restrictions, I have selected Blacklisted Recipients and entered "@." (without quotes) and saved it. I logged into the webmail and tried to send a mail to gmail.com and it is successful.

I am here with attaching my main.cf, iredapd.ini and iredapi-rr.ini in a zipped file just in case if you want to check.

Thanks
Rajesh

Post's attachments

configs.zip 11.45 kb, 3 downloads since 2010-07-22 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

You iredapd-rr.ini has this line:

plugins = ldap_maillist_access_policy, block_amavisd_blacklisted_senders

Can you please remove ldap_maillist_access_policy and try again?

Hi Zhang

I have removed the plugin ldap_maillist_access_policy and restarted iredapi-xx and postfix. But I am still able to send mails. I have been searching all the Forum, FAQ and all available for this issue. How can I resolve this ?

Is there a version where I can install iRedAdmin-Pro and the latest iRedAPD preconfigured ?

Thanks
Rajesh

I will test it tonight, and let me know the result in this topic. Please be patient.

Hmm, it's a bug.

You can simply fix it by edit line 61 of src/plugins-rr/ldap_recipient_restrictions.py:

# This is OLD code:
    if len(set(list_recipients) & set(blRecipients)) > 0:

# Change it to:
    if len(set(list_recipients) & set(blRecipients)) > 0 or '@.' in blRecipients:

Thanks for your feedback. smile

Hi Zhang

I still see a problem. While I am going through each step, I see a little discrepancy. In the Installation Document of iRedAPD, http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … /OpenLDAP, it says

* Daemon listen on port 7777: Used in postfix smtpd_recipient_restrictions, for mail list deliver restriction.
   * Daemon listen on port 7778: Used in postfix smtpd_sender_restrictions, for per-user blacklist and whitelist.

But in the iredapd-rr.ini and main.cf, the port is on 7778. Will the posfix ever check for restrictions ? I am not sure how its working for you.

I have spent some time to understand actually there is typo in the installation document where the ports should be swapped in the above two lines. Finally I have managed to find the root cause of the problem and solved it.

I am here with attaching the configs.zip file containing problem_config.zip and working_config.zip. Just in case if some on in the forum wants to use it.

Also your code suggestion along with my modification worked fantastic for me. I really love iRedMail and iRedAdmin-Pro.

Please excuse me if I am wrong.

Thanks
Rajesh

Sorry... Here is the attachment.

Post's attachments

configs.zip 23.17 kb, 5 downloads since 2010-07-24 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.