1 (edited by snarfies 2016-03-11 23:01:30)

Topic: Devuan support

Has anyone experimented with Devuan at all?  I'm quite interested in it.

Currently, you install Debian and then install devuan-baseconf.deb, which reconfigures the system to Devuan.  I am preparing to test this in a virtual machine.

I am guessing it would not be possible to install iRedMail directly under Devuan, but if I install iRedMail under Debian and then convert to Devuan, would iRedMail still work correctly?  Has anyone else attempted this?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Devuan support

iRedMail detects whether your server has 'systemctl' command, if not, it will use SysV init scripts instead. Although i didn't try Devuan before, i GUESS it should work. If you got any issue, feel free to ask for help here.

Sorry, haven't had as much time to mess with this as I'd thought.

I installed Debian 8 in a VM, then installed iRedMail, then switched to Devuan.  It mostly seemed to work, but for some reason ClamAV was still trying to use systemd.

I'll try switching to Devuan first and then installing iRedMail to see what happens, once I get caught up on some other things.

Sorry, I meant to post a further followup to this earlier.

I switched the install order:  Debian 8 -> Devuan -> iRedMail.  That seems to work better, ClamAV appears to work when set up that way.

Not that I would recommend running Devuan on any public-facing server at this point, its still an alpha.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

iRedMail detects whether your server has 'systemctl' command, if not, it will use SysV init scripts instead. Although i didn't try Devuan before, i GUESS it should work. If you got any issue, feel free to ask for help here.

More or less it worked.
I've just installed iRedMail-1.6.2 on Devuan 4.0 Chimaera with just a few glitches.

First of all I added a stanza to iRedMail-1.6.2/conf/global:

elif [ -f /etc/devuan_version ]; then
            # Devuan 4.0 chimaera, based on Debian bullseye 11.1
            export DISTRO='DEBIAN'
            export DISTROCODENAME='bullseye'
            export DISTRO_VERSION=`cat /etc/debian_version`
            echo "${DISTRO_VERSION}" | grep -E '^(10|11).*$' &>/dev/null
            if [[ $? != 0 ]]; then
                export UNSUPPORTED_RELEASE='YES'
            fi

just before line 295

elif [ -f /etc/debian_version ]; then

Then, after the installation, just copied three files:

cp /opt/www/iredadmin/rc_scripts/uwsgi/debian.ini /etc/uwsgi/apps-enabled/iredadmin.ini

cp /opt/mlmmjadmin/rc_scripts/uwsgi/debian.ini /etc/uwsgi/apps-enabled/mlmmjadmin.ini

cp /opt/iredapd/rc_scripts/iredapd.debian /etc/init.d/iredapd; chmod 755 /etc/init.d/iredapd