Topic: Add second emails server ? Solution ?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.3
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

Little question.
I have an email server running very well.
I would like to avoid any service disruption. I was thinking to create a second email serveur using the email possibilities from my domain provider (creation of the same emails address, adding to my zone the second MX with a different priority from my main iRedmail server) ...
Is it correct ? Or is there any other solution ?

Thx

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Add second emails server ? Solution ?

It's not clear what your second mail server does. As a backup MX? or a stand-by fail-over server?

Backup MX

*) Install iRedMail on a new server.
*) Add the domain, mail accounts.
*) If you bought license for iRedAdmin-Pro for this new server, go to domain profile page, mark this domain as a Backup MX under "Backup MX" tab.
*) If you don't have iRedAdmin-Pro, run sql command below:

sql> USE vmail;
sql> UPDATE domain SET backupmx=1 AND transport='relay:[xx.xx.xx.xx]:25' WHERE domain='your_domain.com';

Note: xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address of your primary server. Do NOT use domain name here, otherwise it may cause mail loop.

I don't want to install a new iredmail server .... I want to use what already exist on my domain provider structure .... I have the possiblity to use their structure for emails ....

If you already have a MTA, then just update your MX DNS record to add a lower priority MX which points to your existing mail server.