1 (edited by chris 2016-03-01 06:56:44)

Topic: Per-domain or per-user transport (relay)

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:CentOS 7 
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi all,

Migrating my old iRedMail (0.8.5) users and mailboxes, domain relays etc to new OS and version as above. I was about to set up Per-domain transport/relay but I have noticed there is no "Relay without verifying local recipients" check box. Testing just rejects the mail with no such user sad

Has this functionality been removed? or have I missed something as it is in the docos http://www.iredmail.org/docs/per-account.transport.html

Kind Regards
Chris...

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Per-domain or per-user transport (relay)

You can manage per-domain and per-user relay with iRedAdmin-Pro (http://www.iredmail.org/admin_panel.html ), not iRedAdmin open source edition.

I updated document to make it clearer:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/per-account.transport.html

Hi Zhang,

Yes I have registered Pro version.

There is no clickable option, have attached screen shots, one of verion .0.8.5 (with option) and 0.9.4 (no option)

Kind Regards
Chris...

Post's attachments

Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG 43.39 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG 40.73 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

It's removed in the latest iRedAdmin-Pro release.

Hi Zhang,

Oh dear, so what is the alternative as I have several domain admins that are using this feature?

Kind Regards
Chris...

You don't need this option, it's enabled by default.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You don't need this option, it's enabled by default.

Hi Zhang,

Setup relay to forward to main server and failed as stated in original post:

Here is mail log file.

Mar  1 08:08:25 mail01 postfix/postscreen[13965]: CONNECT from [209.85.192.169]:34875 to [103.4.16.31]:25
Mar  1 08:08:31 mail01 postfix/postscreen[13965]: PASS NEW [209.85.192.169]:34875
Mar  1 08:08:31 mail01 postfix/smtpd[13968]: connect from mail-pf0-f169.google.com[209.85.192.169]
Mar  1 08:08:32 mail01 postfix/smtpd[13968]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-pf0-f169.google.com[209.85.192.169]: 550 5.1.1 <info@belconnenweather.net>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<someone@gmail.com> to=<info@belconnenweather.net> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-pf0-f169.google.com>
Mar  1 08:08:32 mail01 postfix/smtpd[13968]: disconnect from mail-pf0-f169.google.com[209.85.192.169]

*) What's your relay address?
*) Does it work if you go to "Backup MX" tab in domain profile page, and put the IP address of your relay host as primary mx server address? It works this way in old iRedAdmin-Pro. If it works for you, i will put it back.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

*) What's your relay address?
*) Does it work if you go to "Backup MX" tab in domain profile page, and put the IP address of your relay host as primary mx server address? It works this way in old iRedAdmin-Pro. If it works for you, i will put it back.

Hi Zhang,

Relay address in "Relay" tab is "smtp:[belconnenweather.net]" which rejects user

If I put the IP (103.9.170.191) in "Backup MX" tab it will relay the mail to the secondary server and in the "Relay" tab it shows "relay:[103.9.170.191]"

Yes it works perfectly in old iRedAdmin-Pro no problems.

Kind Regards
Chris...

chris wrote:

If I put the IP (103.9.170.191) in "Backup MX" tab it will relay the mail to the secondary server and in the "Relay" tab it shows "relay:[103.9.170.191]"

Sorry i don't quite understand, does it work or not with settings below?

*) Don't update relay setting under "Relay" tab in domain profile page.
*) Go to "Backup MX" tab, toggle on the checkbox, then put IP address of your target server as address of your primary server.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
chris wrote:

Sorry i don't quite understand, does it work or not with settings below?

*) Don't update relay setting under "Relay" tab in domain profile page.
*) Go to "Backup MX" tab, toggle on the checkbox, then put IP address of your target server as address of your primary server.

Hi Zhang,

Yes it works as "Backup MX" but what functions do not work when this is set?

Kind Regards
Chris...

chris wrote:

*) Do you have mail user/list/alias accounts under this domain?
*) What's your purpose?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
chris wrote:

*) Do you have mail user/list/alias accounts under this domain?
*) What's your purpose?

Hi Zhang

No users except for a generic domain admin account, not real address

It is used as a front end mail server to scan for the bad stuff before passing to clients mail server. Clients mail server is locked to only except email from my mail server IP.

Kind Regards
Chris...

Then you can mark this domain as backup mx (under the "Backup MX" tab in domain profile page) instead of using a relay.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Then you can mark this domain as backup mx (under the "Backup MX" tab in domain profile page) instead of using a relay.

Hi Zhang,

Can I use domain name other than the IP as I have clients who have dynamic IP? They use me as mail gateway to their server then send out via ISP?

Kind Regards
Chris...

chris wrote:

Can I use domain name other than the IP as I have clients who have dynamic IP? They use me as mail gateway to their server then send out via ISP?

iRedAdmin-Pro restricts the value of primary mx address to IP address, to avoid email loop back to localhost (it sometimes happens).

If you need to use domain name, please try to keep current settings under "Backup MX" tab, then go to "Relay" tab and update the value (relay:[IP]) to "relay:[domain_name]" (without quotes, of course).

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
chris wrote:

iRedAdmin-Pro restricts the value of primary mx address to IP address, to avoid email loop back to localhost (it sometimes happens).

If you need to use domain name, please try to keep current settings under "Backup MX" tab, then go to "Relay" tab and update the value (relay:[IP]) to "relay:[domain_name]" (without quotes, of course).

If I keep the current settings under Backup MX I cant enter details in the Relay values as it is greyed out.

OK, i will improve iRedAdmin-Pro to make it working this way. As a temporary solution, please update it manually with sql commands:

sql> USE vmail;
sql> UPDATE domain SET transport='relay:[relay_domain]' WHERE domain='local_domain.com';

Please replace 'relay_domain' by the real domain name, and you should still keep '[]', and replace '[local_domain.com]' by your local domain name.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

OK, i will improve iRedAdmin-Pro to make it working this way. As a temporary solution, please update it manually with sql commands:

sql> USE vmail;
sql> UPDATE domain SET transport='relay:[relay_domain]' WHERE domain='local_domain.com';

Please replace 'relay_domain' by the real domain name, and you should still keep '[]', and replace '[local_domain.com]' by your local domain name.

Thank you Zhang I will give this a try.

Hi Zhang,

Seems to be working and not checking for local users smile

Thank you.

Kind regards
Chris...

21 (edited by chris 2016-03-13 10:05:17)

Hi Zhang,

Weird, if I send email from localhost mail is relayed to other host, if the email comes from outside the server then it reports:
postfix/smtpd[6114]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from bay004-omc4s11.hotmail.com[65.54.190.213]: 550 5.1.1 <abc@xyz.com.au>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<123@outlook.com.au> to=<abc@xyz.com.au> proto=ESMTP helo=<BAY004-OMC4S11.hotmail.com>

Kind Regards
Chris...

22 (edited by chris 2016-03-13 10:57:39)

Hi Zhang,

Is there a way to add "Relay without verifying local recipients" in the current version directly into mySQL

Kind Regards
Chris...

Set 'backupmx=1' and 'transport=xxx' for this domain.

UPDATE: The option "Relay without verifying local recipients" will be available in upcoming iRedAdmin-Pro release.

[Thread closed.]