======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: -
====
Hello to everyone and thanks to devs for such a great solution as iRedMail.

The problem is that I am receiving "broken" mails from my server(sent to different emails),  there are no "subject" and "from" inserted properly and the message body consists of mail headers.
Please help.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Email body is mixed up with headers

MTA/LDA on server doesn't rewrite mail message like this, i suggest you use another mail client application to compose/send email as a testing.

3 (edited by N3xt 2016-01-29 16:03:14)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

MTA/LDA on server doesn't rewrite mail message like this, i suggest you use another mail client application to compose/send email as a testing.

Thanks for your reply.
Well I tried to send/compose from both thunderbird and roundcube clients and I am getting the same broken emails.
To be more exact I have made a screenshot.

Post's attachments

Capture01.PNG 62.73 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Could you please try steps below as a testing:

*) Comment out "content_filter =" line in /etc/postfix/main.cf and /etc/postfix/master.cf.
*) Restart Postfix service.
*) Try to send several testing emails with multiple mail client applications, including Thunderbird, Roundcube webmail, etc.

Do all emails have this issue this time?
Do all mail client applications view this email with same display (no subject, sender, just mail body (with full headers as part of mail body)?)

5 (edited by N3xt 2016-01-30 07:19:29)

Hello Zhang,

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do all emails have this issue this time?

Yes. All sent emails.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do all mail client applications view this email with same display (no subject, sender, just mail body (with full headers as part of mail body)?)

I have tried several mail clients aftermail, thunderbird  with no luck....but when tried to send to another mail server (iRedMail installation as well) the roundcube displays the email correctly. Gmail rejects the messages saying
" Our system has detected that this message
    is 550-5.7.1 not RFC 5322 compliant. To reduce the amount of spam sent to
    Gmail, 550-5.7.1 this message has been blocked. Please review 550 5.7.1
    RFC 5322 specifications for more information. r124si6130847wmd.119 - gsmtp
    (in reply to end of DATA command)"

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Could you please try steps below as a testing:

*) Comment out "content_filter =" line in /etc/postfix/main.cf and /etc/postfix/master.cf.
*) Restart Postfix service.
*) Try to send several testing emails with multiple mail client applications, including Thunderbird, Roundcube webmail, etc.

After I did this I am receiving totally blank emails, no from , subject, nothing in body (I can see the mail contents only if I click view source/view original). Seems like amavisd is not working as expected.

Thanks/

No clue at all. sad