Re: mysql is not configured properly

I checked file "functions/sogo.sh" again, revision 36512bfbd728 (and iRedMail-0.9.4) should work.

*) Did you run iRedMail installer with or without LOCAL_ADDRESS='xx.xx.xx.xx'?
*) Could you please show me FULL content of file "config" under iRedMail directory? e.g. /root/iRedMail-0.9.4/config.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I checked file "functions/sogo.sh" again, revision 36512bfbd728 (and iRedMail-0.9.4) should work.

*) Did you run iRedMail installer with or without LOCAL_ADDRESS='xx.xx.xx.xx'?
*) Could you please show me FULL content of file "config" under iRedMail directory? e.g. /root/iRedMail-0.9.4/config.

I used exactly the same procedure with LOCAL_ADDRESS and the same config that for previous installs, but this time it did not work as expected. I'm just trying to obtain the good result without manual changes in different config files after install.
A small detail - there were some permissions in MySQL, where login was blank (empty string), like if the script lost 'sogo' login name. The IP address was good in these permissions. I had no problems like this with the version cd430d32c714.

Could you please show me FULL content of file "config" under iRedMail directory? e.g. /root/iRedMail-0.9.4/config.

Peter2121 wrote:

A small detail - there were some permissions in MySQL, where login was blank (empty string), like if the script lost 'sogo' login name. The IP address was good in these permissions. I had no problems like this with the version cd430d32c714.

What permission? Could you please show me how to get the permission with, e.g. sql commands, file name, etc.

From working jail:

mysql> use mysql;
Reading table information for completion of table and column names
You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A

Database changed
mysql> select host,user from user;
+---------------------+-----------+
| host                | user      |
| 127.0.0.1           | root      |
| 192.168.101.122     | amavisd   |
| 192.168.101.122     | iredadmin |
| 192.168.101.122     | iredapd   |
| 192.168.101.122     | root      |
| 192.168.101.122     | sogo      |
| ::1                 | root      |
| localhost           | root      |
| mail.helpsecure.com | root      |
9 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I have already destroyed the test jail, so I cannot do the same query, but there was no 'sogo' in 'user' column.

31 (edited by Peter2121 2016-12-27 20:51:51)

I've just deployed a new instance of iRedMail (nginx/OpenLDAP/SOGo) in FreeBSD 11 jail.
I'm really surprised that ALL the small problems we've discussed in this thread are gone away, everything is working 'out-of-the-box', one just need to follow the install instructions for jail install from this site.
Thank's a lot, ZhangHuangbin!