1 (edited by selvakannan.murugesan 2015-12-15 00:31:31)

Topic: How to install Iredmail-pro in Centos6.7 if server have Roundcube mail

Hi,
    I plan to configure Iredmail-pro 0.9.2 in Centos6.7 server but I already have roundcubemail-0.9.4 in my server.

My Question is:
    1. If possible to configure Iredmail-pro 0.9.2 in Centos6.7 server without any conflict issue. In System requirement it shows to configure in new server only.
     2. My Server already having MySQL, Dovecot, Postfix ect.. for roundcubemail-0.9.4 mail (Currently roundcubemail is working) If any conflict occur when I install ?
     3. Need steps for Installation.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2 (iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-2.1.3.tar)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-2.1.3.tar
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to install Iredmail-pro in Centos6.7 if server have Roundcube mail

iRedMail requires a fresh server OS, so it conflicts. I suggest you setup a NEW server for iRedMail.

In my Centos6.7 server I already have Webmin mail service and Its currently working, I am not able to stop that mail service. Can you please guide how possible to configure Iredmail-pro in Centos6.7 ?
Question: If its affect MySQL database and Webmin mail service ? Can you please advice.

iRedMail is designed to be deployed on a FRESH server system, which means your server does NOT have mail related components installed, e.g. MySQL, OpenLDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Amavisd, etc. iRedMail will install and configure them for you automatically. Otherwise it may override your existing files/configurations althought it will backup files before modifing, and it may not be working as expected.

So, to deploy a iRedMail server, the suggestion is, setup a new server, then install iRedMail.

Hi,
       We bought a new licence key for  iRedAdmin-Pro 0.9.2 (MySQL edition) and we plan to install in Centos6.7 server but my server already having MySQL, Dovecot, Postfix ect.. for roundcubemail-0.9.4 mail (Currently roundcubemail is working)

My Question is:

1. How to configure in my Centos6.7 server without conflicts? What I do for existing mail setup? Please advice.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2 (iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-2.1.3.tar)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-2.1.3.tar
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

1: upgrade your iRedMail-0.9.2 to iRedMail-0.9.3 by following our upgrade tutorials here:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/iredmail.releases.html

2: upgrade iRedAdmin-Pro by following this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/migrate.or … admin.html

Please understand my question and reply, Its very urgent.

Dear selvakannan,

If you're running iRedMail-0.9.2, please upgrade it to iRedMail-0.9.3 first, then follow our tutorial to upgrade iRedAdmin-Pro directly:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/migrate.or … admin.html

iRedAdmin-Pro is a web application, it relies on the latest iRedMail.

Hi,
       We bought a new license key for  iRedAdmin-Pro 0.9.2 (MySQL edition) and we plan to install in Centos6.7 server now. I got the download URL and username and password through mail last 4 month back.
       Now I plan to install and try to download from the given URL but the URL shows Forbidden error (You don't have permission to access /iRedAdmin-Pro/SQL/2.1.3/AxiNJh1bf16Bm0r0JTRlO5XmJjLfihi5/ on this server.)
       Please advice how to download the source and can I upgrade it to iRedMail-0.9.2 to iRedMail-0.9.3 for Installation?

URL:     http://www.iredmail.org/iRedAdmin-Pro/S … 16Bm0..../

Hi selvakannan,

Sorry about this trouble. I sent an email with download link of the latest iRedAdmin-Pro to you moment ago, please let me (support _at_ iredmail.org) know if you didn't receive it.

Please make a telephone call with me for support. I have some clarification with you. Contact number: 7845345307.

Hi,
    Thank you very much for given iRedMail source.
    I installed the  iRedMail-0.9.4 in a AWS instance but the instance have MySQL and Apache software's already. I run the command "bash iRedMail.sh" and I gave the following steps. The installation is finished successfully.
    Then I check the IP in browser its shows "DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!". I checked the MySQL DB there is no database "roundcubemail" create in DB.
Question: Can you plz advice why the DB is not created and Its affects Apache server ? because the instance running some projects in Apache server.

Hi,
    I got the source "iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-2.3.1.tar" and I put the source in my CentOS server and I and extract the file. It didn't have "bash iRedMail.sh" to run the setup, I tried to upgrade by the below steps,
# cd /root/
# tar iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-2.3.1.tar
# cd iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-2.3.1/tools/
# bash upgrade_iredadmin.sh
Issue:
    * Detected Linux/BSD distribution: RHEL
    * HTTP server root: /var/www
    <<< ERROR >>> Directory is not a symbol link created by iRedMail. Exit.

Please advice how to get "iRedMail.sh" file to Install.

selvakannan.murugesan wrote:

I installed the  iRedMail-0.9.4 in a AWS instance but the instance have MySQL and Apache software's already. I run the command "bash iRedMail.sh" and I gave the following steps. The installation is finished successfully.

As mentioned in iRedMail installation guide, iRedMail requires a fresh server.
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/install.ir … quirements

* Detected Linux/BSD distribution: RHEL
    * HTTP server root: /var/www
    <<< ERROR >>> Directory is not a symbol link created by iRedMail. Exit.

*) Do you have directory or symbol link /var/www/iredadmin?
*) /var/www/iredadmin is supposed to be a symbol link which lines to /var/www/iRedAdmin-[version]. if it doesn't exist, please try to create this symbol link manually, then run "bash upgrade_iredadmin.sh" again to finish the (iRedAdmin-Pro) upgrade.

Hi,
    I try the above solution but I have the same issue , My server CentOS already have roundcube mail but It didn't have iRedadmin, So there is no folder present in the directer (/var/www/iredadmin).
    I manually create a new folder  iredadmin in /var/www/iredadmin and try, but it gets the same issue.
    Please advice, How to create symbol link manually ? Please make a steps to follow..
Note : My server CentOS already have roundcube mail but It didn't have iRedadmin.

16 (edited by selvakannan.murugesan 2016-03-15 19:59:57)

Please advice and give solution for above questions soon. I am waiting for your reply for last 3 days.

If you don't have iRedAdmin open source edition installed during iRedMail installation, please try our tutorial to install iRedAdmin from scratch:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/iredadmin- … om-scratch

I am trying to install  iRedMail-0.9.4 in a AWS instance but the instance already have MySQL and Apache software's. I run the command "bash iRedMail.sh" and I go the following steps. The installation is finished successfully.
    Then I check the IP in browser (http://54.183.184.69/mail) its shows "DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!". I checked the MySQL DB there is no database "roundcubemail" create in DB.

Question 1: Can you plz advice why the DB is not created, Note: when the installation steps its skip my Mysql to create DB. My Mysql have own credential, How can I solve?

Question 2: http://54.183.184.69/iredadmin - When I click iredadmin admin page Its shows “The requested URL /iredadmin was not found on this server.”
Note: There is no setup installed in apache config setup.

Can you please advice the above two questions to proceed.

as iRedMail installation guide clearly mentioned in "System Requirements" section, it requires a fresh/new server OS, otherwise it may mess up existing config files. So why not follow our installation guide strictly?

Thanks for your support. Exactly you are right (it requires a fresh/new server OS) but we already have server and setups (MySQL and apache etc..).I am not able to make a new server for iRedadmin now. My question is what I go for installation without issue, Please advice. If possible make telephone support : 7845345307

My question is what I go for installation without issue

i'm afraid that iRedMail doesn't support installation this way right now. sorry.

We bought iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-2.3.1 for 3 years but we are not able to use now, What will we do?
What about the pay remote support?
How much did we pay for the Installation?

Note: Our server is not a fresh machine, We already have other setups like MySQL,Apache,PHP etc..

The iRedMail installer cannot handle existing components, it may mess up existing config files. So you should setup a new server for iRedMail.

A possible solution is: setup a new server and install iRedMail on it, then migrate your MySQL/Apache/PHP settings and data from current server to iRedMail server. Or, simply run 2 servers.

Hello,
         Finally we planned to install iRedAdmin in new AWS instance server. In my another server we have roundcube mail setup and currently we all are using that mail server only.
         My question is, We plan to move my old  roundcube mail setup to the new iRedAdmin roundcube setup. If it is possible in iRedAdmin? Can you please advice and make steps to follow.

We plan to move my old  roundcube mail setup to the new iRedAdmin roundcube setup

What do you mean "move"?
If you're running the same Roundcube release, you can copy the Roundcube config file to new server, and export SQL database on old server then import on new server.