Topic: How to limit user session on inactive?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Server 14.04.1
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hi Team,
Could anyone tell me how to limit time-out session? I mean the session when people use mailboxes via Roundcube.
I saw almost the same post here  http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic8839 … dcube.html , but as I understand session will not expire as long as you are logged in. Only if a user closes the browser tab without logging out, the session expires. But I want to force a logout on inactivity on mail page, even user not close browser, but just stepped away for some minutes and not locked his laptop. Does it possible?

Thanks.
Ivan.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to limit user session on inactive?

Does reducing the "session_lifetime" setting mentioned in the link post work for you?

Hi,
No, it works only for cases when user closing the browser, and then trying to open mailbox again after session life time period.

But it doesn't work when user just do nothing on mailbox page, and don't close browser.

Seems Roundcube doesn't offer this option, i suggest you posting to Roundcube mailing list to get support from developers.

By the way, why you want webmail to disconnect when the client is idle? Does it cause performance issue now?

Ok, thank you, will ask Rouncube guys
It's just due to security policy. In fact we have laptop blocked after 5 min of user inactivity, but Security Team also requred to block user mailboxes on 5 min of user inactivity.