Topic: iredadmin->User>Forwarding - does it work out of box?

Hello
I am using ldap backend and iredadmin web interface to create a mail forwarding to an external account.
Does this feature work out of the box per say?
i have read the post http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic36-l … ption.html before you inform me to search the forum - however in my scenario, i am using domain aliasing PLUS shadowAddress for the user i want to use forwarding.

i have entered the external address in the "Mail forwarding address
One mail address per-line" box but do not see the mail being forwarded. i do receive the mail in iredmail though.

thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iredadmin->User>Forwarding - does it work out of box?

Can you post the whole LDIF data of this user? You can access this URL in iRedAdmin-Pro:
http://your_server.com/iredadmin/export … domain.ltd

Did you change any postfix setting?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Did you change any postfix setting?

thanks for getting back to me.

Here's the LDIF as requested:
dn: mail=username@domain.ltd,ou=Users,domainName=domain.ltd,o=domains,dc=xxx,dc=xxx,dc=com accountStatus: active amavisLocal: TRUE cn: username enabledService: mail enabledService: pop3 enabledService: pop3secured enabledService: imap enabledService: imapsecured enabledService: managesieve enabledService: managesievesecured enabledService: sieve enabledService: sievesecured enabledService: smtp enabledService: deliver enabledService: senderbcc enabledService: recipientbcc enabledService: shadowaddress enabledService: displayedInGlobalAddressBook enabledService: internal homeDirectory: /var/vmail/xxx/ mail: username@domain.ltd mailForwardingAddress: someone@external.com mailMessageStore: vmail/xxx/ mailQuota: 0 objectClass: inetOrgPerson objectClass: shadowAccount objectClass: amavisAccount objectClass: mailUser shadowAddress: username@domain2.ltd sn: username storageBaseDirectory: /var uid: username userPassword: {SSHA}xxx

and the only thing i changed in postfix was to allow my original mail server as part of mynetworks:

> mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, 192.168.1.100

thanks

Default user filer in /etc/postfix/ldap_virtual_alias_maps.cf:

query_filter    = (&(|(mail=%s)(shadowAddress=%s))(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=mail)(enabledService=deliver)(|(objectClass=mailAlias)(&(objectClass=mailUser)(enabledService=forward))))

You don't have enabledService=forward in this account.

That's odd - i used the iredadmin web interface to set the fowarding?
i.e.
User->Forwarding-> checked Enable mail forwarding and put the external mail address in the box

do i need to use phpldapadmin as well?

I tested it with iRedAdmin-Pro-1.2.0, works as expected.

Thanks - ok, let me try again and i will get back to you
thanks for your help so far