Topic: Upgrade from 0.8.7 (Pro 1.8.2) to 0.9.3 (Pro 2.4.0)

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7 (Pro 1.8.2)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Wheezy
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi, we are planning to upgrade to Pro 2.4.0/iRedMail 0.9.3.
Do we need to take any precautions when upgrading from  0.8.7 (Pro 1.8.2) or can we just instal 0.9.3 first and then Pro 2.4.0?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade from 0.8.7 (Pro 1.8.2) to 0.9.3 (Pro 2.4.0)

?

I'm sorry that i didn't find this topic (it sometimes happens, my mistake).

Upgrading procedure is mentioned in our tutorial here: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/iredmail.releases.html

How upgrading works
  • Usually, upgrading iRedMail is just updating some config files to achieve new features or fix bugs, you do NOT need to download the latest iRedMail and run the script.

• Do NOT skip releases. Upgrades are only supported from one release to the release immediately following it.

• If you're looking for upgrading a very old iRedMail server to the latest iRedMail release, there's an alternative solution: Migrating to a new iRedMail server.

So, you must upgrade your iRedMail-0.8.7 to iRedMail-0.9.0 first, then iRedMail-0.9.1, then iRedMail-0.9.2, then iRedMail-0.9.3.

After you had upgraded iRedMail to the latest iRedMail-0.9.3, you can download the latest iRedAdmin-Pro and run the upgrade script (tools/upgrade_iredadmin.sh) to upgrade iRedAdmin-Pro from 1.8.2 to 2.4.0 directly.

No problem, ZhangHuangbin, thanks alot!