Topic: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to tcp (connection refused)?

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 15.10
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Free
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I am using iRedMail (Dovecot/Postfix) as mail server. I have the roundcube as my main webmail and rainloop as my second webmail. I am doing fine with the iRedmail main roundcube sending and receiving emails from webmail but I still have this error in Mail Server Settings (SMTP) when I am using RainLoop (attached in pic):

stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to tcp://domain.com:587 (Connection refused)

Port 25 & 587 are both open anyway

Where do I have to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Post's attachments

screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg 81.7 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to tcp (connection refused)?

RainLoop is not part of iRedMail, and i personally isn't familiar with RainLoop, so i suggest you ask for support in its mailing list or support forum instead. Sorry.

3 (edited by pasaisea 2015-12-29 18:25:26)

Resolved.

The iRedMail - Rainloop combination now works fine.

The root of the problem turns out that my own server ip is banned in fail2ban which makes the mail can be accessed in anywhere else than the server's own ip. (i know its ridicoulous but i found this out when i cant even access my own domain or even ip address in my server's web browser, only localhost works.

the fail2ban also messed up the dns hence trying incoming/outgoing settings using the mx record will result error "stream_socket_client unable to connect to tcp connection refused. That error makes my server's ip address ports (25, 143, 993) seemed liked they are not open but they ARE. I am using webmin, disabling the fail2ban immediately resolved all the socket connection refused errors.

Hope that this can be helpful to anyone who does iRedmail-Rainloop combination.

Thanks for sharing.