==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I get the problem with the iredmail, some user can't send mail / receive mail, it is just connecting to iredmail server. I have try to restart postfix, dovecot, amavis and iredapd it doesn't work.

User is asked their password, but when they enter the password, the server said that the password failed.

I also run the iredapd debug and check the iredapd log there is one type of error say :
"Error applying plugin amavisd_message_size_limit: too many value to unpack."

What is that error ? Is it related to this problem ? What should I do ?
Need help ASAP

thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Error Iredapd

I guess your client IP address is blocked in iptables firewall. Please check it with below command:

iptables -L -n

The iRedAPD error message doesn't cause this issue, it just skips the plugin if error occurs. and this error was fixed and we have new iRedMail + iRedAPD + iRedAdmin-Pro coming soon, you can fix this error by upgrading iRedAPD.

Hi Zhang,

Thanks for the reply, but I have checked the firewall (iptables -L) it has no new record in the list.
So finally, I restart the server. After restart the problem still persist, but after some minutes, the user can access normally again, so I don't know what is the problem.
What should I check so that I can prevent it to happen again.

thanks

bigman wrote:

Thanks for the reply, but I have checked the firewall (iptables -L) it has no new record in the list.

Excuse me, what do you mean "no new record"?
Does iptables block some IP addresses? Is your client IP listed there?

hi Zhang,

Sorry, I mean there is no ip blocked by firewall, that's what I mean.
So what log / what should I do to check ?

thanks

*) Please show us FULL log related to the login attempt in Postfix log file. The easiest way to get the log is trying login again.
*) Please turn on debug mode in Dovecot to get debug log to see what actually happens. Reference:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/debug.dovecot.html