==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Is there a way to force user to use authentication if he send to external domain only ? if he send to internal domains that exist in iredmail, no need to authentication.
what should I set ?

thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: smtp authentication for sending to external domain only

With default iRedMail setting, it requires smtp authentication to send email to both external and internal domains.
So why bother? Why turn on authentication for external domains but turn off for internal domains? Why not just force smtp authentication? It's easier to maintain.

hi Zhang,

Thanks for reply. I need this because I am in process of migrating from other mail server to iredmail.
I set to forward email from other server to iredmail so I can migrate gradually, but the user from other mail server is not using authentication, so when he try to send email to internal domains that exist in iredmail, it will be reject, user not login.
If I add the external ip to mynetwork, then it will be hole, right ?
That's why I need to set like that for migrating, if migrating process finish, I set back to original setting again.
Any idea ?

bigman wrote:

If I add the external ip to mynetwork, then it will be hole, right ?

Did you try this? it should work as expected.