Topic: Password Length

Hi, I installed IRedMail v0.92 on CentOS7 with mySQL/Nginx. Would like to change the Password length limitation on iRedAdmin for new gerenal user creation,
(1) I have tried to change $config['password_minimum_length'] = 5 on file /var/www/roundcubemail/plugins/password/config.inc.php, but it's only effective for general user on RoundCube.
(2) Found  "min_passwd_length = 8" on file  /var/www/iRedAdmin-0.4.2/settings.py, it is for Admin account only.

Please advise how to do it to change the mini password length for Administrator to create new general user account on iRedAdmin, many thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Password Length

Both (1) and (2) are correct. iRedAdmin-Pro also offers per-domain password length control in domain profile page.

WARNING: Password with 5 chars is weak, at least 8 is recommended.

Hi ZhangHuangbin,

Thanks a lot for your quick response.
But even I changed both items to 5, when I create new genernal user account on iRedAdmin, it still requires at least 8 chars, not working...

yes298 wrote:

Hi ZhangHuangbin,

Thanks a lot for your quick response.
But even I changed both items to 5, when I create new genernal user account on iRedAdmin, it still requires at least 8 chars, not working...

Hi ZhangHuangbin,
Except iRedMail Pro, nothing can do to meet my requirement ---  change the mini password length for Administrator to create new general user account on iRedAdmin ?
Thanks!!!

You already found the config files to control password length, what's your issue now? What do you mean "nothing can do to meet my requirement"?

6 (edited by yes298 2015-11-18 15:21:12)

Hi ZhangHuangbin,
Yes, I found both config files but not working. When I change them  to 5:
(1) Only for genernal user login on RoundCube then changing passowrd is working with 5 chars
(2) But, For administrator login on iRedMail to create new genernal user, it still requires at least 8 chars, hence, it's NOT working, which I really want to change it to 5.

After changed iRedAdmin config file, did you restart uwsgi service to reload it? And which page are you in to change password? User profile page, or admin profile page?

Oh...yeah...forgot to restart this.
Yes, it's working after restart with command "/bin/systemctl restart uwsgi.service"
The config file is "/var/www/iRedAdmin-0.4.2/settings.py"

Thanks a lot for your kind help, ZhangHuangbin.